1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arcane Ritual - Multiplayer map

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Unelith, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Maldruzard

Maldruzard

Resources:
    Resources:
    One has a pick and one has a sword :L

2. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im going with the Naga Royal Guard cuz sword is more cooler than a rusty pickk.... seriously!

3. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes it's a Royal Guard! REP+ to both of you.

Items will be:
    Allain's Hammer - Damage/HP bonus and passive chance to stun enemy
    Maldzuhard's Scepter - Mana/Mana Regen/Spell Power (will add it later) bonuses and passive chance to cast chain lightning

4. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about X-Hammer? cuz for me Allain sucks.... to be serious I dont like my name cuz Im a boy and my name sounds like a girlish....

5. Maldruzard

Maldruzard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maldruzard* ;L Hehe, glad to hear you are making fast hero and item progress on your map, I wouldn't worry too much about the terrain in a map like this to be honest!

Good luck

6. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks. Ok it will be X-Hammer.

And sorry for misspelling your nickname, Maldruzard its kinda hard to spell.

7. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me he should make the terrain good cuz to me it looks bad... This is the only factor that makes the game ruined..... Not to be offending the game or Unelith but its true. Well, Im making the terrain for him.... and I do IT FREE OF CHARGE NO CREDITS NEEDED! I HELP ANYONE!

8. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup speaking about terrain, could you please send it to me soon? I finished most of things i wanted to do in Alpha 0.2 so i need a terrain to put the units there.

9. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh sorry will, send it after some hours Im getting busy on my game.

10. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i don't need it at the moment, just will need it idk, maybe tommorow.

11. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok!:thumbs_up:

12. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, now only few things left to Alpha 0.2 release. I think i will upload this version at next Monday but i'm not sure. Maybe earlier, maybe later.

I would upload it earlier but encountered some annoying bugs with triggers and realized my map weights 10MB so i had to compress and re-import a lot of custom textures. Now it weights 7.9MB unprotected so it will be playable in multiplayer - don't worry about it.

13. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW..... Your map looks in trouble! Only few KB and your finish..... I mean is only few KB then its 8MB! You should avoid using many imports and BTW I know of an program that reduces MDX file sizes. Its MDXSquisher but I dont know if it affects the quality of the model when you reduce the size.

14. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    My map will weight 7.4 after i will protect it. Protecting removes useless data so it reduces map's size. And this i think the only time that size got so large because i added new ui that weights around 1.5MB. But i wouldn't like to compress it. Compressing units' textures doesn't affect the quality that much but compressing the UI or icons makes them look bad.

15. Da Fist

Da Fist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey a girl hero! Only 1? Let me contribute another.
    [​IMG]
    Morsha - Night's Shadow

Morhsa - Night's Shadow

[​IMG]
    Character Classification: Melee, Ganker
    Main Attribute: Agility

Attributes:

[​IMG] -------

[​IMG] ----------

[​IMG] -----

Abilities:
    [​IMG]
    Moonlight Sonata [ T ]

She will dance and spin out her attacks and deal splash damage per second. Deals 10/20/30/40/50 in 5 seconds. Deals extra 100 damage if casted on nighttime.

[​IMG]
    Star Sparkle [ L ]

Showers sparkles of light to enemies. Deals 20/30/40/50/60 damage per light. 500 AoE. 3 waves, 2 lights. Channeling. If casted on night, release 3 lights.

[​IMG]
    Midnight Pulse
    Creates a beam of green light, dealing damage and knockback to enemies. 5% chance on the morning, 5/10/15/20/25% in nighttime. Deals 25/50/75/100/125, deals 400 unit knockback on nighttime.

[​IMG]

Vengance of the Moon [ M ]

[​IMG]

Turns the time midnight, and 1st skill will amplify 50/65/80 more damage. 2nd Skill will add 1/2/3 more waves. 3rd Skill +25%/30%/35% chance to activate Midnight pulse. Morsha will turn into this unit, dealing extra 20/30/40 damage and 3/4/5 armor.

-Da Fist-

P.S. Alhpa review below. Add to Warcraft III/Replays

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  16. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should have a spell which accelerates day/night speed under certain conditions.
    Waiting for it is just darn ridiculous.

Lessen those DD's and add maybe a single self-support/support spell.
    She cant Gank when she cant chase.

17. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    That hero idea is pretty good but i think she has too much damage skills. And i wanted to give turning time into night to another hero. Well i will think about it - i have time because i think the hero i'm talking about will appear first on Alpha 0.4 (i'm adding 5 heroes per update and for Alpha 0.3 i already have all ideas expect support hero) probably along with your hero.

So if you have some ideas for hero that supports his allies by adding bufs, healing, restoring/sharing mana etc. you can post it.

PS. I cannot open the replay, my Warcraft III is 1.24a because i'm often playing online with my friend who has 1.24a and when he tries to update to 1.26 - he cannot - so i'm not updating to 1.26. I know there is a version changer for Warcraft 3 but all of Version Changer patches i found are changing WC3 language to English when i want my Warcraft to be in Polish language.

18. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Alpha 0.2 release can delay - the translation progress is slow because i haven't got too many free time at the moment.

19. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, the Alpha 0.2 version is released!
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=bzrmuy
    I uploaded both English and Polish versions.
    Please review!

And now some words about what will be in Alpha 0.3
    - Five new heroes
    - Advanced diplomacy system between players
    - AI-controled tower guardians
    - AoS version of the map (I know it's a bit late, but i prefer releasing it later and better than earlier and worse)

If i will be planning to add something more - of course i will announce it.
    Stay connected - check the thread and the first post recently to get all news about Arcane Ritual map.

AND FINALLY, after struggling with version switchers - i finally have open Da Fist's review. I watched it closely and here is my response to bugs you found:
    - You had "Balta" because i think you choosen Baltazar as your hero and then restarted the map.
    - Emanuel spawned at your base because of Warcraft randomly choosing between the player start locations. This is fixed now.
    - Undroppable items, well i will change this
    - Units can no longer carry items
    - Well Zuben can blink through river and i will not fix it because i would then had to remove the bridge hidden under an illusion (in newer versions there will be a cinematic that gives a hint how to dispell the illusion)
    - The Fire Altar is now seperated from the road by a high mountain so you cannot channel or blink through it
    - You can no longer start channeling at Earth Altar when it is protected, but when shield suddenly appears, it doesn't interrupt the channeling. When i tried to fix it - the player was unable to get any altar, so i decided to leave it that way until i will find a perfect solution
    - I saw you couldn't perform the Arcane Ritual. That's just weird because i tried it by myself a lot of times with different characters and it worked every time. I think it may be because you have to type commands such as "-debug_ai" or "-debug_start" at the beginning of the game, not in the middle

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  20. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems this thread is dead, i'm the only one that is posting here.