• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS Terrain Template

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well, I suppose it's a shame to let a terrain never see the light of day.

Originally planned for an AoS that revolved around fast paced combat and a morale system. It contains 5 lanes, with 2 lanes that are only reachable via boat/waypoint.

For the most part, hero selection areas and bases have been setup with doodads. However, the other lanes are doodad barren entirely and I apologize for that but the map was scrapped while the terrain was under production. I apologize for the excessively high map size, that's due to the map size and partially to the doodads. If I didn't use New Gen when I terrained this, I can probably blame WEU :p. The current status of the map features a nice balance of Blizzard cliffs and height mapping.

The center of the map was a location for a ruined city of some sort and etc.

I hope this helps someone out as a little terrain and the blander areas can stand as a little bit of practice for pretty and effective doodad placement or whatever.

I also hope you guys like it! xD <3

~I guess, if enough people like it, I'll finish the terrain if people want it xP

- WE New Gen was used to exceed the doodad limit.

Keywords:
Template, AoS, Terrain
Contents

AoS Terrain Template (Map)

Reviews
14:10, 13th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated) Not finished yet.

M

14:10, 13th Dec 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Not finished yet.

Level 16
hmm.. I don't really like that you've spammed Cobble paths all over the place. Some dirt paths would look moore realistic. It absolutely don't fits on the island at the bottom to the right.

Neither it does in the "Evil" base. You should put alot moore blight and dirt there. alot, almost no Cobbles at all.

You could put an village on the empty spot in the middle of the map.

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

An AoS terrain template.

[+]I really liked a few parts of it, like the waterfall.
[-]You spammed too many cliffs and trees.
[-]A few parts of the terrain looked empty, try adding a few doodads or something else to those.How about adding a destroyed city with sunken ruins doodads?

Overall rating:2/5
I think your terrain is a bit common and simple, nothing special or too much interesting.
~ r3

Level 3
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

An AoS terrain template.

[+]I really liked a few parts of it, like the waterfall.
[-]You spammed too many cliffs and trees.
[-]A few parts of the terrain looked empty, try adding a few doodads or something else to those.How about adding a destroyed city with sunken ruins doodads?

Overall rating:2/5
I think your terrain is a bit common and simple, nothing special or too much interesting.
~ r3

I appreciate your review, however, the terrain was not finished. I mentioned so in the description and enough were to like it, I'd finish the terrain. It's unfinished because the map it was for was scrapped.

Anyways, I've got to add the blizzard cliffs, I'm not going to height map the entire thing, that'd only be a hassle! The cliffs and trees are just makeshift markers for boundaries, it being a WIP, would eventually be changed and altered for adding different areas for outside shops or paths into other lanes.

@Warhunter; It's incomplete and I never leave bland cobble paths like that. They're only there for reference so lanes can be seen while terraining. I then add tiles doodads and etc.

I mentioned in the description that the middle was a planned area for a village : I.

Level 28
So basically the map is incomplete?
In that case, I'll reject it until updated.

You've spammed too much cliffs indeed, the fire is also a downside, the middle is completely empy (yeayea, it's going to be a village, but it's not there right now, is it?), you need to add a few more environmental doodads.

It's not bad, though... it's better than most AoS-terrains.