• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Template: Ashenvale Village

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Yet another map lying on my hard... it was supposed to be a part of campaign but... since I'm not gonna do it for now i think it may be of use to other mappers. The name of the map describes it enough. Give credit if used.

Screenshots

Keywords:
Terrain Template Ashenvale
Contents

Terrain Template: Ashenvale Village (Map)

Reviews
19:53, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A nice terrain template of the Ashenvale Tileset.

[+]This map would be of a great help to new terrainers, as it helps them learn how to properly use the doodads of the Ashenvale Tileset.
[+]I liked those statues, they were well placed especially Cenarius, it looked as he was ready to come back to life and cast a spell!

Overall rating:3/5
Probably approved, but i'm sure you could improve it more.For example, the are around your bridge looked so..empty?You could also make better building placements.
~ r3

Level 2
Well this one is nice too but reason 3 has a point about the bridge area it looks a little bit empty maybe add some more doodads (shrubs or something). But never the less it's still a very well made template ... and lots better than what i can do xD - 5/5. But improve the area near the bridge.

:thumbs_up: Really good map, or at least better than my pathetic attempts. I'm new here and I dont know if it would be violating any rules or anything to use this exact map for an RPG. Could someone please tell me?

Well the point of terrain templates is to be used to make other maps or whatever so yes you can use it but give credit if you do :wink:

Ok it look average honestly! Nothing special really!

Try to replace blizzard cliffs with your own 'self made' use rise up tool!
Also for good mark, you need custom models!
You need fog and lightning effect, weather!

P.S. please upload pictures on hive, if another site breaks down, pictures will be unreachable!

Also if you need help, or you have any question just ask!

I write PM to you with explanation! (But because you posted comment here also I will explain my vote to all)
Don't try to bother me with things like:
And your trying to hard to be a moderator thing is a bit too much... get a life.
Someone can find that insulting!

Well my reasons for rejection:

1. No global Weather on any kind of it
  2. No Fog
  3. No custom light Environment
  4. No Sky
  5. Empty on some places (water for example)
  6. Only 1 Special Effect Doodad (Rain Light)
  7. No Custom Light Special Doodads
  8. No Custom Doodads at all (Well few based on houses)
    Custom Doodads means:
    Resized, Recolored etc etc