• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AOS Ideas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've created an AOS map, which is currently 80% done, but added a two additions: I made a system that you buy abilities with and there are 3 bases that spawn creeps. Both of these ideas have been used and would like it if any-one could post me some ideas to make my map more original and not just another DOTA look-a-like:wink:

Level 14
I am sorry to have to tell you that buying abilities system isn't original. I've player two AoS where they have the same system. The problem with AoS is that it can be anything, except original.

There really are no new ideas, and even if somebody did think of something, they would keep it a secret until they make a map about it because, as I already said, originality is a hard thing to find in an AoS.

Level 12
I've created an AOS map, which is currently 80% done, but added a two additions: I made a system that you buy abilities with and there are 3 bases that spawn creeps. Both of these ideas have been used and would like it if any-one could post me some ideas to make my map more original and not just another DOTA look-a-like:wink:

Would you mind If I helped you with this?
There is a bunch of things you can do

One thing you can do is put in an evolution system

Another is have preset Heroes that act differently and the player must change their playing style to work with it

I have more Ideas... But I want my name in this Map so I can gather people into my clan (Game Concepts) if you wouldn't mind...

The links in the sig...
But right now... no ones really apart of it... so... I'll have to start somewhere to gather people....

- Later in the game, allow people to have a choice of getting a new hero, then evening xp. (As in, your heros level 20, then you turn both into level 10s)
- Mains should be able to attack, so if theres a few creeps attacking it you wont have to run all the way over.
- Invasive creeps. Creep camps will walk into the middle of the lanes and cuase havock somtimes.
- Telepoles. An item that allows you to Place down poles long the map, that you can town portal to.
- Spawn backup. One player decides a lane needs creep backup from another lane, and starts a poll. Each player can vote. If more than 50% of the people vote yes, a chosen % of the creeps in a chosen lane will go to the lane the poll starter choses. Once that player does it, he can only do it one more time. Maybe make it so he cant do it untill a certant amount of time has passed. In some way, you should probably make it so it can't be done too often. Maybe make it so they can only make a total 200% of the creeps come in total. (He could do 10% 20 times, or 100% from two lanes at the same time.)

Level 8
WOW. I did not expect to see replies (usually people keep their kick-ass ideas to themselves)

Cmarket, I know my ability buy system is not original. I thought it was, until I joined hive.

Thanks, HorizonTal & HeretoDLstuff for your awesome ideas. HorizonTal I will try to base it more on the creeps. HeretoDLstuff, I really like your Spawn Backup idea (It would add additional strategy) and already have mains that attack. The telepoles would add some chaos to the map :)

It would be really cool if you helped me, Formula1. I have no problem adding your name to the credits. I will add your name to the special thanks game message when the game starts. I'll even add a small text advertisement

Level 24
Theres still many unused (actually alot) ideas for aos maps, but you gotta think like the crowd when making it, not only your friends and yourself.

Maps which have tried/succesfully used some new original ideas is Legends of Eternity (using 2 fountains and not only at the base + pet heroes), Age of Myths (with bounty system + ctf (even though it failed) + heroes), Desert of Exile (the condition system + buy creeps for lanes) and ToB (for making a very strategic game by buying units and using them).

Level 9
Or you could give to each player a base spawning creeps controlled by the computer player, then heroes should be able to place flags on one of the enemy bases where they want their creeps to go. If a base is destroyed, its owner, and not all his team, loses.
Then there wouldn't be only one main building each team, but one each player.
A mix of tech wars, dota and footmen frenzy.

Level 12
so... this lil system has errors...
I'm getting it checked out by the Jass doctors.....

But.... Its actually a very useful system for custom hero maps

Last edited:
Level 8
Thank, you Formula1. I like the system. It adds additional customization to hero creation (i can't get your system to work though). Nudl9 thank you for your brief description of ideas used in other maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.