• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS AI System Project (Open Source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hello.

I worked on an AI system for AoS maps (like dota) a while ago. Now I want to make this an open source project. The goal was to make a competitive AI that works for any AoS map, any player count, any line count, etc. I also planned to provide multiple hero traits to the system, like tanker, pusher, carry, support, etc.

But at this point it's a mere dream. As much as I want to finish this, the fact is I barely have anytime for modding lately. So I will leave this project for public.

Anyway I will list the state of this project.

The project was stopped as soon as it's "started", started to fruit in result that is, for some reason.
The AI is currently only able to "creep and retreat". But it's quite good at doing it.
The code is very nicely organized, but not documented at all.

It may sound simple and trivial. But a lot have been done to support further development.

If you are interested to continue the development of this project, I wouldn't mind to help you getting the grasp of the current codes.

The new natives of 1.29 will definitely improve the development by much, as the poor hacky approach wouldn't be necessary anymore to gather unit informations, and will be way more precise. But it'd be great not to use the new natives and support all patch versions.

Right now I have several days for modding, I will use it to update this system.

Anyway. The map file is attached below. Any question is welcome.

Attachments

• AoS AI System.w3x
    776.4 KB · Views: 118

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

More realistic:
JASS:
function InitAI takes player host returns nothing
    call DisplayTimedTextFromPlayer(host, 0., 0., 420666., GetPlayerName(host) + "|r: shit you got me gg")
    call CustomVictoryBJ(GetLocalPlayer(), true, true)
endfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.