• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Aoe Miss Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I tried to make a 10 level hero spell that makes all enemy units in a selected area to have a chance to miss its attack. I made a 10 level dummy spell base on Flame Strike that does not do any damage, and a 10 level spell based on curse for the dummy unit that has 0 cooldown and 0 mana cost. I made a trigger as below:
Untitled.jpg

However, I tested the map and the enemy gains the buff but my hero gets it as well. When the enemy attacks, they don't seem to miss (there is no red "miss" text at all, even on my hero) although i set the miss chance to 55%. Any idea how to fix this?

Level 7
Hey,
try this.

• Fog
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fog
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Fog dummy to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Fog dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Fog for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
TempPoint is a point variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.