• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cloud skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make a cloud skill become like a smokescreen. i wud use a dummy unit to cast it and its effects are the following:
-70% Miss Rate
-50% Movement speed decrease
-Can't cast spells
I want it to target ALL units except structures, ally or foe.
I tried doing it normally in the object editor, targeted units are air,ground,enemy,hero,non-hero,ally,invulnerable,non-invulnerable.
Data - attacks Prevented - Spells
Data - Chance to Miss(%) - 0.70
Data - Movement Speed Modifier - 0.50

Somehow, it targets only certain units. i dont understand why. Units that have no spells, low levelled are targeted. @_@ please help. i just cant understand why it does that..

Level 19
Prevent spells will work on any unit that has mana, no matter if it doesn't have any spells.
Remove the non-hero, hero, ally.

In this way your making it to target heroes and non-heroes targets, which is wrong.
Removing these 2 will make it target everything, no matter if they are heroes or non-hero units (eg. Creeps).
If want it not to target structures, just don't tick the option.
Ally could be removed too, because it will "silence" allies too. Invulnerable is ok, but it has to be with vulnerable as well, because it will target on Invulnerable targets.

At all in the list you must have "Air, Ground, Enemy, Neutral, Invulnerable, Vulnerable"
With this, it will target all enemy units (ground and air) no matter if they are Invulnerable or Vulnerable.

Level 3
@CloudWolf, yes, certain unit types are targeted. Thats what i thought too that the problem was in the Targeted Units so i tried every combination i can think of but none worked right.
@MortAr-, Ill try what you said. haha! :p so does that mean it will only target units that has mana/spells and not the ones without if i tick the attacks prevented - spells?

Level 3
I dont understand, for some strange reasons, its only targeting a certain team. The Player 9 (Grey) team. =/ i did what you said MortAr- but still, sumthing wrong is going on. @_@ ill be back tom, i have to sleep now. haha. gnyt. :) thanks guys for the suggestions. ;)

Level 3
@MortAr-, your skill does work! but i dont understand whats wrong with mine. i used your triggers and everything(except for the duration which i changed to 15 seconds), but its still so weird. Just awhile ago, i changed the targeted units to "allies" and it started working on enemies instead of allies. but still it doesnt target heroes. im sorry i know its weird. @_@ pls help if u have an idea why.. >.<

Level 3
uhhh.. nvm the heroes arent targeted, it seems that it doesnt target 1 team. @_@ players team? uhhh.. haha. im confused. xDD

Level 3
whoooaaa... i ticked "friends" on targeted units and its working right now! @_@ ahahahaha! i dont understand why but thanks alot guys! :)) i think the skills good now! thanks alot! btw, the map im making is WC3 vs L4D. xD still in the alpha stage. hope i get to make it beta soon. thanks CloudWolf and MortAr-! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.