• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Cloud spell causes 100% miss chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The scenario:
- 2 footmen are attacking each other under the effects of this modified Cloud ability.

Current Object Editor Settings:
Data - Speed Modifier = 0.00
Data - Attacks Prevented = None
Data - Chance to Miss = 50.00%
Targets Allowed - Ground, Air, Invulnerable, Vulnerable

As it stands, it causes the two footmen to miss 100% of the time. Their attacks are not prevented and they have the Cloud debuff. I could use some help here, please and thanks :)

Level 6
Perhaps your random seed has a bunch of 1s in a row. You don't have "fixed random seed" checked in preferences, do you?
I don't believe so. I will look when I get back to my computer. I tested multiple times, putting like 20 units against each other, both ranged and melee. ALL units missed 100% of the time. Seems unlikely to just be unlucky :/ But it does seem that my spell is set up correctly in the object editor.
Athur, no. The Object Editor's tooltip is: Data - Chance to Miss (%) = X
So unless Blizzard simply messed up the tooltip for it, it should be in percents and not 1=100%. I also looked at other people using the spell, and they used it as I had, with a % and not a decimal representation. Thank you for the comment and I will still try 0.5 when I get back.

Level 6
No, I do not have 'Fixed Random Seed' checked. So bizarre.

Edit:
Oddly enough, it was the 50% I set it to. Apparently 0.5 % chance to miss is actually 50% chance - thanks blizzard. Update your stupid tool tips :p
+rep the both of you, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.