• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone else coming here for nostalgia strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I didn't submit here anything in years, and as time goes I visit this place with bigger and bigger gaps, but every time I do I have nice childhood memories.

I am your just average user, some maps, icons, models and so on. It's incredible how fast time passes, it's been I believe 5 years since I published my first map, I remember how happy I was to see it accepted, and how annoyed would I get if some of my resources would get rejected.

You and Warcraft thought me the very basics of programming over world editor, who knows if I would pick programming today if it wasn't for you. It felt great being here with you; talking, competing, helping each other, checking each others content, community felt really alive like we were inside MMO.

I checked some of my friend's account and most of them either are off for a long time or are rare visitors. I guess we all got older. I really wonder what some of them are doing in general.

As for gaming I have been playing many games after hive and Warcraft, but in none I felt as connected as here with Warcraft from Dota, to that campaign by Finnish guy who wants to works for newspapers and be writer, to Diablo maps which were really first class, To the bitter end campaign felt really really well executed with limited resources, Warlocks was always tons of fun on local player irl with friends, and number of well made RPG stile maps on which I spent more time than some other real rpg-s games.

I miss random chats I had with random users like MasterHaosis, Sindore/BloodElf300, UgoUgo and so on, sorry if I forgot your name ;p, I miss you.

Well, I guess this text will do, and if any of you moderators, admins, Ralle read this I want you to know that creating hiveworkshop was good thing and that you made good thing.

Cheers

Level 22
Sometimes I remember the Anub'arak wallpaper I had back then, oh and also how convenient an MPQ Editor and the Jasscraft was to use, it had Caster System support too which I edited to add my custom functions so that I could have them appear in the auto-fill feature. Also, the countless hours looking at the Task Manager to spot for leaks. Long ass time ago, back when my brain was still functional.

@Wareditor I dont know, if I do it, it will probably to create small story for me and my friends.
@Zombie I probably started playing it around that time
@chobibo "Long ass time ago, back when my brain was still functional." Yeah I can see that by your profile picture :D

You remember that I complex stuff, I remember making archer walk into region and Archmage created in another region, that was my first line of code ever, even that it was GUI I consider it code, I still remember jumping in room from happiness, and screaming stuff like: "Look, it's working, it's wooooooooooorking" to my family members :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

If I perceived WC3 modding as a thing of the past I'd call it nostalgia, but I've never really stopped.

I started learning WE roughly in 2009. 2 'needs fix' spells in that time, bravo. Now how to exit this damn rabbit hole?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I do like returning every now and then. :) And when (I feel like) I've got the time, I'm totally opening up World Editor again! If a Warcraft III: Remastered is released, that'll totally be my trigger! :p

I checked some of my friend's account and most of them either are off for a long time or are rare visitors. I guess we all got older. I really wonder what some of them are doing in general.
I see nostalgia is hitting you hard. Join the club :p I'm highly nostalgic myself xD

Status
Not open for further replies.