• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any way to save experience, but only from current level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
From what I can see, you can only store ALL the experience a hero has inside a variable.

What I'm trying to do is...
Say I have a hero that is level 3, and the hero has 3/4 of its purple experience bar filled. Is there any way to only save THAT experience? Not the total amount that has been accumulated each level.

Level 15
From what I can see, you can only store ALL the experience a hero has inside a variable.

What I'm trying to do is...
Say I have a hero that is level 3, and the hero has 3/4 of its purple experience bar filled. Is there any way to only save THAT experience? Not the total amount that has been accumulated each level.

There might be a native that gives you the current exp of the hero until their next level, but I really don't know.

Otherwise what you could due (pretty brute force) is just keep track of all the experience the hero gains inside a variable, and reset this variable to 0 when a hero levels up. So you would need to monitor every time a hero gains exp and add it to this variable.

Here you go.

Press the esc key to check the next level experience in-game.
Store each value of exp into the right array index to how many levels you want.

• Check level
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set Paladin 0000 <gen> Hero-level to ((Hero level of Paladin 0000 <gen>) + 1), Hide level-up graphics

• Store exp per lvl
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Experience[0] = 0
      • Set Experience[1] = 200
      • Set Experience[2] = 500
      • Set Experience[3] = 900
      • Set Experience[4] = 1400

• Store Current lvl Exp
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set i = ((Hero experience of Paladin 0000 <gen>) - Experience[((Hero level of Paladin 0000 <gen>) - 1)])

Attachments

• exp help.w3m
    16.3 KB · Views: 34
Level 13
Trigger all XP gain.

Or

Look at your gameplay constants to get the XP ratios and what not.
Then when a unit dies, check to see if a hero is in range and keep track in a variable the XP this hero got.

i.e. someUnit dies, someHero was there?, if yes then since we know someUnit gives 200 xp, set someHeroExpInt to someHeroExpInt +200.

Level 8
Here you go.

Press the esc key to check the next level experience in-game.
Store each value of exp into the right array index to how many levels you want.

• Check level
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set Paladin 0000 <gen> Hero-level to ((Hero level of Paladin 0000 <gen>) + 1), Hide level-up graphics

• Store exp per lvl
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Experience[0] = 0
      • Set Experience[1] = 200
      • Set Experience[2] = 500
      • Set Experience[3] = 900
      • Set Experience[4] = 1400

• Store Current lvl Exp
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set i = ((Hero experience of Paladin 0000 <gen>) - Experience[((Hero level of Paladin 0000 <gen>) - 1)])

Thank you!

And thanks everyone who helped. +Rep

Level 26
  • Events
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 0.00 degrees
    • Set maxLevel = 1
    • Custom script: loop
    • Custom script: exitwhen (GetHeroLevel(GetLastCreatedUnit()) < udg_maxLevel)
    • Set expLimits[maxLevel] = (Hero experience of (Last created unit))
    • Set maxLevel = (maxLevel + 1)
    • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to maxLevel, Hide level-up graphics
    • Custom script: endloop
    • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
    • Set maxLevel = (maxLevel - 1)
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Rot) skips a cinematic sequence
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to maxLevel, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((String((Integer A))) + ( --> + (String(expLimits[(Integer A)]))))

Status
Not open for further replies.