• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disable experience gain from certain units?

Level 5
is it possible to disable experience gain from a certain unit summoned via trigger?

i have a hero that summons weak monsters when he attacks but those weak monsters level up the enemy A LOT eventually

is there a way to disable experience gain from killing specifically those units? not looking to disable hero experience gain but to just so that those units award no gold or experience at all

Level 39
Another arcane solution would be to prevent lethal damage to the summons with a trigger, then immediately kill them manually with a trigger action. That shouldn’t give experience.

I think level 0 is better. Check what the other summon spells do? Surely Water Elemental doesn’t give experience in Melee.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Another arcane solution would be to prevent lethal damage to the summons with a trigger, then immediately kill them manually with a trigger action. That shouldn’t give experience.

I think level 0 is better. Check what the other summon spells do? Surely Water Elemental doesn’t give experience in Melee.
Water Elemental gives experience, part of what makes summons balanced is the fact that you can "feed" the enemy heroes exp if you spam them.

Anyway, Level 0 makes the most sense. I wonder if you could change the Level during the "A unit dies" Event using the SetUnitInteger function, and create a setup where the Level remains at a desired amount until the unit dies. The hope is that the experience gain occurs after the Event fires but I imagine that's not the case. Probably not necessary though...