• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Starcraft player?

What is your favorite race in Starcraft and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I use too play SC in my spare time with some people, but It got kinda old after a while. I was an avid Protoss player hhaha.

Level 25
Pff, I can destroy you

Dark Templars? Overlords over my army, revealing your slowly attacking invisible units. Archons? Lurkers, they can't hit what they can't see. Photon cannons? Guardians reigning down death, or a swarm of Dark Swarm'd zerglings tearing through the plagued cannons. Carriers? 6 Scourge and your carrier is no more

All this backed up by an army of Hydralisks and zerglings with an advancing lurker force. The Zerg are the ultimate. Give into the power of the Swarm

Scourges are not that good, they got killed before they do something useful. You need a lot of them, why wasting resources for such as useless units. And against 24 Carriers you will need a LOT of them. They do not even do splash damage like infested terrans. I would personally use against carriers defilers (OMFG!), but they require a lot of skill.

Level 25
And against 24 Carriers you will need a LOT of them

... By the time someone got 24 carriers, I'd have enough lurkers completely trapping them in their base that I could take every single resource node in the map all for myself and leave them to their fate. Heck, their base would probably be being pounded by my force of Guardians

Also, if I made 6 Scourge for every Carrier they made, the rough number it takes to destroy an undamage carrier, I end up finanically on top. Scourge are worth their wait in Vespene. Carriers... Aren't

... And by the time they had 24 carriers, I'd probably just send Defilers, Guardians and Lurkers into their base to level it rather than waste my time with their fleet. 24 carriers doesn't mean they'll have much else actually defending the place if they spent all their money on them, and Lurker drops on worker lines do not a happy Nexus make. Even if they manage to destroy one of my bases, in the time it'd take for the Carriers to get to another, I could have leveled their base with a much quicker batch of Overlords

This of corse forgetting that a batch of Carriers becomes useless if I just Dark Swarm my Hydralisks and let them shoot your carriers to the ground in totally immunity

24 carriers does not a good stratagy entail

Level 4
I was a big fleet guy when I use too play and instead of massing one unit like alot of people did I made multiple ammounts of the various unit types. My arbiters gave me alot of help against terran fighters because I could just stasis them before they shot down my other units that is if they had a detector.

Maelstrom is not that useful. It lasts few seconds and require a lot of energy.

And, Mecheon, I am just saying that scourges are useless. Time to select exactly six of them could be spent better. Go devourers instead. Lurkers are very good anyways (but a bit expensive). They are like siege tank for terrans (with much less range, but burrowed).

Level 25
Devourers would be more useful if it weren't for the fact they were so damn slow at attacking. I just either keep my Mutalisks normal and switch them to Guardians. Expensive, but useful. With a range only matched by upgraded Goliaths, who can say no?

And yes, Lurkers are lethal. Particularly against Protoss due to how late they get Observers

And yes, Maelstrom is useless. Gives you three seconds where a small group aren't attacking. Stasis Lock and Psychic Storm are much better

Psychic Storm being the anti-zerg weapon of the Protoss

Level 4
Well Corsairs would have a good chance of killing your guardian team because of there incredibly fast attack that does splash damage. However if all else fails the protoss will simply do things the Tassadar way. Slam a Carrier into your hive!

Level 22
Used to be heavy into protoss victory fleets, but then discovered the art of combined arms lisk rushes. the game was never the same for me after that ;)

I played over 1k games online, many coops against comps, but still fun nonetheless. Just with Blizz didnt delete accounts of those who didnt sign on every month.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.