Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Any Starcraft player?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MetalWarrior, Feb 15, 2007.

?

What is your favorite race in Starcraft and why?

1. Terran

21.1%
  2. Zerg

36.8%
  3. Protoss

26.3%
  4. All

5.3%
  5. Random

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't know :/... It's too hard to choose...

10.5%
  1. MetalWarrior

MetalWarrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I know this forum is about Warcraft III. But still I just want to know! :p
    In my case it's the Protoss.

2. Durgon

Durgon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use too play SC in my spare time with some people, but It got kinda old after a while. I was an avid Protoss player hhaha.

3. matyko

matyko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, since protoss were quite powerful (some might even say overpowered ><), I tried playing with them, but I ended up getting back to my beloved zergs... they are just too adorable ^^!

4. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like Terrans because they are similar to command and conquer factions.

5. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Zerg and destroy!

6. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Protoss sure is powerful, but Zerg is just so much sexier.

7. MetalWarrior

MetalWarrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    0.o? I don't think so XD

8. ca.cerebrate

ca.cerebrate

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like all the Starcraft races but the zerg will forever stand out. How can you not love that gut-wrenching terror they inspire???

9. aarkshark

aarkshark

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do. I play as 'toss and mindcontrol.
    ALL THREE FTW!

10. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Protoss ftw, dark templars, archons, photon things, CARRIERS! gg

11. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Pff, I can destroy you

Dark Templars? Overlords over my army, revealing your slowly attacking invisible units. Archons? Lurkers, they can't hit what they can't see. Photon cannons? Guardians reigning down death, or a swarm of Dark Swarm'd zerglings tearing through the plagued cannons. Carriers? 6 Scourge and your carrier is no more

All this backed up by an army of Hydralisks and zerglings with an advancing lurker force. The Zerg are the ultimate. Give into the power of the Swarm

12. MetalWarrior

MetalWarrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I don't think archon can't see them, I just have to build obs, and back up my archon with dragoons XD

13. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Observers are squished by Scourge and Dragoons are equally killed by Lurkers

Heck, Lurkers are the solution to everything except air units, the solution to them being Scourge

14. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Scourges are not that good, they got killed before they do something useful. You need a lot of them, why wasting resources for such as useless units. And against 24 Carriers you will need a LOT of them. They do not even do splash damage like infested terrans. I would personally use against carriers defilers (OMFG!), but they require a lot of skill.

15. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ... By the time someone got 24 carriers, I'd have enough lurkers completely trapping them in their base that I could take every single resource node in the map all for myself and leave them to their fate. Heck, their base would probably be being pounded by my force of Guardians

Also, if I made 6 Scourge for every Carrier they made, the rough number it takes to destroy an undamage carrier, I end up finanically on top. Scourge are worth their wait in Vespene. Carriers... Aren't

... And by the time they had 24 carriers, I'd probably just send Defilers, Guardians and Lurkers into their base to level it rather than waste my time with their fleet. 24 carriers doesn't mean they'll have much else actually defending the place if they spent all their money on them, and Lurker drops on worker lines do not a happy Nexus make. Even if they manage to destroy one of my bases, in the time it'd take for the Carriers to get to another, I could have leveled their base with a much quicker batch of Overlords

This of corse forgetting that a batch of Carriers becomes useless if I just Dark Swarm my Hydralisks and let them shoot your carriers to the ground in totally immunity

24 carriers does not a good stratagy entail

16. Durgon

Durgon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was a big fleet guy when I use too play and instead of massing one unit like alot of people did I made multiple ammounts of the various unit types. My arbiters gave me alot of help against terran fighters because I could just stasis them before they shot down my other units that is if they had a detector.

17. MetalWarrior

MetalWarrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And anyway... Dark Archon are the solution against zerg (Maelstrom). Dude, you only have organic unit!

18. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maelstrom is not that useful. It lasts few seconds and require a lot of energy.

And, Mecheon, I am just saying that scourges are useless. Time to select exactly six of them could be spent better. Go devourers instead. Lurkers are very good anyways (but a bit expensive). They are like siege tank for terrans (with much less range, but burrowed).

19. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Devourers would be more useful if it weren't for the fact they were so damn slow at attacking. I just either keep my Mutalisks normal and switch them to Guardians. Expensive, but useful. With a range only matched by upgraded Goliaths, who can say no?

And yes, Lurkers are lethal. Particularly against Protoss due to how late they get Observers

And yes, Maelstrom is useless. Gives you three seconds where a small group aren't attacking. Stasis Lock and Psychic Storm are much better

Psychic Storm being the anti-zerg weapon of the Protoss

20. Durgon

Durgon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well Corsairs would have a good chance of killing your guardian team because of there incredibly fast attack that does splash damage. However if all else fails the protoss will simply do things the Tassadar way. Slam a Carrier into your hive!