• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti-banlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
The thing I hate most about warcraft is people who use banlist. It's really annoying because if I have to go or even if they don't like me because I'm beating them, they will boot me and ban me for leaving.

So what I'm wondering is if there is some kind of program that either detects users who join the game and have banlist or just makes it so banlist doesn't work in those games. I don't want people to join my games that have it.

Level 8
I hate ban's. I think I might be banned by acouple people cas' of power failures, and then my wi-fi would cut out for a second then come back; but it ggets completly disconnected b/c of that.

I friggen hate banlist. That is why I like non-dota games. Sure, its for good intention, but then what happens from accident's?

I know one played (I have played with him afew times) who still has the same account since 2006(2005?), which was banned then on the global but still is using it. :O

Level 10
and you bann him because he had to go? you are so mean, I would only bann someone who ruins the game with intention.

I haven't banlist so I can't ban him.
But he shouldn't start playing when he know he must go imho ...
Well there are some games that are ok even when someone leave, but in DotA for example (I know, I know you hate it) it get unbalanced and it's lost of time.

Level 25
Alright, his mother had to go to the hospital. There, we have an excuse.

Ye, it's a pain in the ass. I played with a guy that threated to ban us if we killed his army ^^

I sure did it.

Level 36
Anti banlist makes no sense. In cheating communities, people create CHEATS, but there are also ANTI CHEATING communities. Now, where is the logic? Those two communities FIGHT to overcome each other. Now, anti banlist would be some sort of cheat, and since the banlist was made as a good intention, this one would be BAD.

Banlist = Bad.

Level 2
oh please, I wish the banlist has more power.

the guy threatens to ban you if you kill his army, good for you. I would never want to play with him ever again anyways.

if you just leave a dota game, and it says BANLIST ON, 1/2 of the time it won't be on or he won't ban you. if it is on and he bans you, it's only on his banlist, 1 host out of 1029309 on bnet. you make it on azeroth approved list? make a new account. thats what i did.

Level 27
oh please, I wish the banlist has more power.

the guy threatens to ban you if you kill his army, good for you. I would never want to play with him ever again anyways.

if you just leave a dota game, and it says BANLIST ON, 1/2 of the time it won't be on or he won't ban you. if it is on and he bans you, it's only on his banlist, 1 host out of 1029309 on bnet. you make it on azeroth approved list? make a new account. thats what i did.

I have 25 friends on my Warcraft account, so i aint going to make a new one.

And besides that, the host was never ment to ban people so... its kinda lame.

Level 2
I have 25 friends on my Warcraft account, so i aint going to make a new one.

And besides that, the host was never ment to ban people so... its kinda lame.

that's bullshit.

when you leave you are being inconsiderate(unless it isn't on your on will, but that should rarely happen). the host creates the game, therefore, he gets to chose the rules, don't like them, leave then. if you disrespect someone by ruining their fun because of yourself, you are being selfish and deserved to be banned. i hate people who are dicks and aren't considerate, just because you are getting owned doesn't give you the right so leave, unless they give you permission. it's not lame, the people who leave are the ones who are lame.

Level 8
People who whore banlist are usually childish fucks who think they are 'uber pro' because they have banlist. They go around the game acting like a dick, and then threaten to ban anyone they dislike, or anyone who is of better skill then them.

Level 27
that's bullshit.

when you leave you are being inconsiderate(unless it isn't on your on will, but that should rarely happen). the host creates the game, therefore, he gets to chose the rules, don't like them, leave then. if you disrespect someone by ruining their fun because of yourself, you are being selfish and deserved to be banned. i hate people who are dicks and aren't considerate, just because you are getting owned doesn't give you the right so leave, unless they give you permission. it's not lame, the people who leave are the ones who are lame.

In original warcraft the host is only ment to kick people, not ban them. You're just a fuck to use a hack for banning.

And i have the freedom to leave anytime i want, for example when i am bored of the game because were losing all the time anyway. What you want me to do? Play on a game i find boring because were losing anyway? I think not, waste of MY FUCKING TIME!

And im not saying im such a lamer, but that's because i can host myself =p

Level 6
In original warcraft the host is only ment to kick people, not ban them. You're just a fuck to use a hack for banning.

And i have the freedom to leave anytime i want, for example when i am bored of the game because were losing all the time anyway. What you want me to do? Play on a game i find boring because were losing anyway? I think not, waste of MY FUCKING TIME!

Yea, smart ass.... When you join a game, it's your duty to play it even if it's booring, because otherwise you will ruin the game for those who find it interesting.

The banlist is like giving a gun to a child. Normal people would ban only for a really good reason (yes, I use banlist, but I don't ban anybody because they left in the middle of the game). Lame assholes would ban because you attacked them. Happy Tauren, your comparison is poor, because the police can kill terrorists with guns, but terrorists can also kill police with guns, while when you are banned you can't counter-attack :D. And actually police use guns because of fight fire with fire tactique. If there weren't any, they wouldn't need it. And guns are allways in control and given to people with sanity and you also must have papers for it, while nobody controls people who have banlists....

Level 8
Aren't we going a little off topic?

Personally, I don't fucking care if it's morally right or wrong to use a banlist, but I would sure love it if there was such a program that could know who's using it and who's not.

My only biggest problem with it is that people ban me whenever they see my 400 ping, but it's just my delay, and I'm used to it, but no, they think I'll lag their ass, which isn't the case 99% of the time and the only time I'm lagging is when I'm downloading shit to my PC.

Level 2

Waste of your fucking time. Huh? That's just selfish. If you played a dota and whichever team that goes 0-3 at the start all leave, wouldn't you be annoyed?

so you are being a dick by leaving and being inconsiderate. you aren't such a lamer? my fucking ass. if you were a host and everyone left, and you have to wait 10 mins before you get another game going, wouldn't you be annoyed? so basically, if your family is in need financially and you can't handle the stress, you just leave irl? this is overblown, but you can't compensate the fact that you are being inconsiderate. it's online because there are more people than just you, and you aren't the only one having fun.

if you leave, i wouldn't want to play with you anymore, therefore i have the right to ban. a hack for banning? seriously, stop talking out of your ass.

basically you quoted me because you disagree with me, but you layed down no hard facts.

i'm so sick of people who compare guns to banlist. seriously, if you have to go in 20 mins, don't play a game. if you find the game boring, dont fucking join.

Level 5
Waste of your fucking time.
so you are being a dick by leaving and being inconsiderate.
seriously, stop talking out of your ass.

Is it really necessary to use disgusting words? Oh, let me guess, to express how you feel about bla bla bla. I'm sure there are alternative ways to express your feelings.

i'm so sick of people who compare guns to banlist.

Yeah, I know, life sucks. Deal with it.

Waste of your fucking time. Huh? That's just selfish. If you played a dota and whichever team that goes 0-3 at the start all leave, wouldn't you be annoyed?

If wand_mirror is inevitably or obviously going to lose, then what's point of him playing the game (any longer)? To make others feel happy? Well, I for one don't have use my free time to do that.

seriously, if you have to go in 20 mins, don't play a game. if you find the game boring, dont fucking join.
basically you quoted me because you disagree with me, but you layed down no hard facts.

Well duh he is disagreeing with you.

By the way, hard facts about what? That he scored a triple bonus and personally headshotted a guy named soupa1337cap@cop?

Perhaps people don't know the game and wanted to try it out to see if it is fun or not?

my fucking ass. if you were a host and everyone left, and you have to wait 10 mins before you get another game going, wouldn't you be annoyed?

Why not make a video of yourself waiting for 10 minutes while refreshing slots and asking friends to join? You know, to prove that it takes that long to get another game going. 10 minutes may feel like 30 or so.

so basically, if your family is in need financially and you can't handle the stress, you just leave irl?

Are you saying that a host's needs (e.g. your needs) are as much value as a family's needs?

if you leave, i wouldn't want to play with you anymore, therefore i have the right to ban. a hack for banning? seriously, stop talking out of your ass.

Uh huh, and I want to leave because it's my bed time now. Besides, I have played a decent amount of time in your game. Now you ban me because I had to go to sleep. Very inconsiderate thing you done there yes?

that's bullshit.

What makes the host so special to give out permissions for leaving? That he/she can host? No.

Level 6
The main thing I complain about banlist is the "official" subscription type of banlist thing. That means if you're banned by one of the "banners", they'll add you to the "list" so that subscribers get the ban.

Banlist is fine.

Banlist subscription = WORST IDEA EVER.

Anyway, besides the stupid banlist subscription thing, banlist is a good idea IMO.

BTW - I don't ban people for leaving games or disconnecting UNLESS they leave within 5 minutes into the game or LEAVE after being killed ONCE(and this is assuming their team aren't losing badly).

People who whore banlist are usually childish fucks who think they are 'uber pro' because they have banlist. They go around the game acting like a dick, and then threaten to ban anyone they dislike, or anyone who is of better skill then them.

Actually, it's good idea that they ban you, that way, you don't have to play with them ever again.

Agreed, if they ban you, you don't have to play with them again.

There are just way too many DotA games(and other WC3 games) hosted by thousands to tens of thousands of different players every day, for you to run out of games to play.

You also have the option to host games yourself. Go to portforward.com and follow their instructions by finding your router model and selecting the game, if you don't know how to port forward and you're behind a router and can't host games.

Also, you guys hating on banlist are only posting the NEGATIVES of banlist. IMO, the positives highly outweigh the negatives.

Pros of Banlist- Ban list allows you to:

1. Ban anyone that leaves JUST after getting killed once,(yes, this is related to DotA). It gets really annoying and there were a TON OF PEOPLE that did this before banlist existed. Now that banlist is used by many people, this problem happens much much less.

2. Ban anyone you dislike or hate. If you run into smack talkers, people who deliberately try to ruin your game, hackers, etc, ban them.

3. If you get banned by someone who banned you simply for owning them, good, you don't have to play with that person again.

4. If you join a game with a host that bans hackers, smack talkers, people who try to ruin the game, etc, then that means you won't play with those people the host banned.

Negatives of Banlist:
1. Banlist subscription - MAJOR MAJOR NEGATIVE. But the good thing is that more than half people who subscribes to banlist don't really pay attention to the "official bannings".

2. A host that isn't a jerk but HOWEVER bans anyone that leaves or disconnects, regardless of situation. In this case, you may want to play with the host again, you could try to talk to the host and explain why you have to leave.

If you get disconencted, your screwed I guess but remember there are PLENTY of other hosters out there hosting games.

3. Ping checker(Though, this isn't that much a negative, it only happens with very few hosts) - This isn't a bad idea but people don't know how to gauge the pings.

I've seen several people kick someone just for having 100-150 ms ping, 100-150 ms is completely reasonable. In fact, 700ms ping is fine. 700 means that they'll lag but the game and everyone else won't lag(usually).

They need to be either:
a. "Lag spiking" - Going up to 1000+ ms ping every few seconds.
OR
b. They have to have 1000+ms ping constantly.

To lag the game for everyone.

Anyway, I am not sure if the numbers are completely accurate, they're just based on my experience.

I played with a host who let someone with 700+ms play, and the game didn't lag, so I tried it out myself and didn't kick anyone(but warned them they'd lag) and the game didn't lag either.

Overall, I think Banlist is a good program. The only con is "banlist subscriptions" but otherwise, the it's a good idea.

Level 17
No, there is no such thing to check if people have a banlist untill they say I'll ban you!

Banlist can be a good thing depending on the person, some people go on BNET just to annoy people, sure you can ban them.
But it's still a game, if people leave mid-game sure it sucks but you don't have to ban them.

In my opinion banlist is used mainly with dota games so you don't have to worry, only retards will play a game like that more then once.
There are plenty of other games to play without the risk of banning.

Overal conclusion: Banlist can be good but is being abused by people, I think you eed to be able to report abusers so people can hack their comp and make it go BOOM! =:D

Level 2
If wand_mirror is inevitably or obviously going to lose, then what's point of him playing the game (any longer)? To make others feel happy? Well, I for one don't have use my free time to do that.

why live life if you die eventually? why play warcraft if the game you are playing is going to end eventually? i could go on all day. that is so arrogant of you to say that. I wouldn't leave that specific situation, because the game can change any time, the team that went 0-3 could turn it around in an instant.

Well duh he is disagreeing with you.

By the way, hard facts about what? That he scored a triple bonus and personally headshotted a guy named soupa1337cap@cop?

Perhaps people don't know the game and wanted to try it out to see if it is fun or not?

the problem isn't when people leave during gem td or something noone cares about, it's when someone leaves a team game that specifically says "no leaving"

Why not make a video of yourself waiting for 10 minutes while refreshing slots and asking friends to join? You know, to prove that it takes that long to get another game going. 10 minutes may feel like 30 or so.

have you really ever tried hosting something like WoW molten core, which is fun, but only if you have lots of people, and noone ever joins. it takes like 10 minutes (literally) to fill up. the most annoying thing is to get a dota game full, have 3 people leave in the start, get another dota game, with more leavers, and so on. it's a waste of time.

Uh huh, and I want to leave because it's my bed time now. Besides, I have played a decent amount of time in your game. Now you ban me because I had to go to sleep. Very inconsiderate thing you done there yes?

way to assume. it's your bedtime? you shouldn't have played in the first place. when people put "banlist on" or "no leavers" they mean it, therefore it is wrong of you to leave, unless the game was like 2 hours long and should have been 20 mins. inconsiderate? the person who left is the inconsiderate one.

What makes the host so special to give out permissions for leaving? That he/she can host? No.

i don't really get what you are trying to crack at. the host gives the rules, yes? and if you don't like them, just leave in the chat room. what gives the host the permission to grant the rules? because he is the host, obviously. if a random player gives the rules, the host could just kick him.

basically, we're going to clash and clash and clash because i have the opinion of that one shouldn't break the rules, ever, and it is easily evaded.(e.g. not joining a game if you have to go in 10 mins) if he has to break the rules, e.g. something serious, you don't know, therefore you go to ban him. you are making such a big deal of banning, you will never play with that host again, NEVER. unless special circumstances.

you guys that are being banned probably joined the host once, left and got banned, and joined the same host 5 months later and got kicked. who cares? if you dread ban list so much why would you want to play with him?

Level 17
why live life if you die eventually? why play warcraft if the game you are playing is going to end eventually? i could go on all day. that is so arrogant of you to say that. I wouldn't leave that specific situation, because the game can change any time, the team that went 0-3 could turn it around in an instant.

Because you dont know when life is going to end. And I find you pretty stupid for attempting to compare wc3 to life.

the problem isn't when people leave during gem td or something noone cares about, it's when someone leaves a team game that specifically says "no leaving"

I have never seen a Gem TD with"No leaving" infact, the term "No leaving/leavers" isnt even constant anymore thanks to banlist. And I mean that in a negative way.

So you dont know the host doesnt want you to leave and you get banned anyway.
have you really ever tried hosting something like WoW molten core, which is fun, but only if you have lots of people, and noone ever joins. it takes like 10 minutes (literally) to fill up. the most annoying thing is to get a dota game full, have 3 people leave in the start, get another dota game, with more leavers, and so on. it's a waste of time.

Waste of time?

Are you honostly playing fucking video games and expecting anything more?

i don't really get what you are trying to crack at. the host gives the rules, yes? and if you don't like them, just leave in the chat room. what gives the host the permission to grant the rules? because he is the host, obviously. if a random player gives the rules, the host could just kick him.

Where are you getting this bullshit? The host doesnt establish any rules, in some cases the host doesnt even TALK. He starts the game, you leave = ban
basically, we're going to clash and clash and clash because i have the opinion of that one shouldn't break the rules, ever, and it is easily evaded.(e.g. not joining a game if you have to go in 10 mins) if he has to break the rules, e.g. something serious, you don't know, therefore you go to ban him. you are making such a big deal of banning, you will never play with that host again, NEVER. unless special circumstances.

You are obviously unaware that 60% of hosts are retarded and consider a serious offense something as simple as "i gtg" "if u leave i ban u nub".

Ya you wont play with that host again, but being such a Banlist fan boy I was hoping you would know that people subscribe and share their banlists, which means getting banned by one host could mean getting banned by dozens more.

You have no arguement here, anything you try to use as a valid point can be rejected because what you're fighting for is plainly wrong.

Its fucking stupid of you to even try arguing for Banlist, its like trying to argue for cancer. If you add up the sum of its parts it is bad, and brings nothing but negativity to a community which is already in turmoil thanks to many retarded individuals.

Level 7
I don't feel the need for ban list to even be there, why do players have to be faggot and ruin the game for some programmer who than makes this ban list to keep people who ruins the game on intention out of their game.
The next thing you know some n00b got the ban list and start abusing it and ban players who was better than them or player who he don't like.

Question: why do we human abuse every good thing and make it bad??

Level 17
I don't feel the need for ban list to even be there, why do players have to be faggot and ruin the game for some programmer who than makes this ban list to keep people who ruins the game on intention out of their game.
The next thing you know some n00b got the ban list and start abusing it and ban players who was better than them or player who he don't like.

Question: why do we human abuse every good thing and make it bad??

It's because 99% of the humans that live on this sorry excuse of a good world are bad by nature.
They kill because they can, they steal because they can, they ruin stuf because they can.

It just depends on the person, some people are worse then others but there is no human that is realy pure, no mather what u say.

Bad people made banlist so other bad people can ban other bad people.
That's the way life works. :hohum:

Level 27
Mmm. Pessimism. You sure are unique.
Well yeah, weapons are bad too, but it depends on who uses it - terrorists or police more terrorists?
Fixed.
When you join a game, it's your duty to play it even if it's booring, because otherwise you will ruin the game for those who find it interesting.
Not true. Not all games require all players to stay. Kodo Tag for example. A leaver or two doesn't hurt much.

Also, if it's boring, I'll leave if I damn well please. It's just a game, after all, you can make a new one if you feel so strongly about it.

Sometimes in Kodo Tag almost everybody leaves, and you know what I do?
I just host a new one.
why live life if you die eventually? why play warcraft if the game you are playing is going to end eventually?
Because the content is what matters. Kinda why you play it in the first place.

Many games are ruined by the hosting dynamic set up for Warcraft III. Melee games for instance. Give someone hosting of a melee game (and since they are the host, they can kick and ban all they want, you know, since it their game) and they will likely abuse their power when a better or annoying player comes along. There hasn't been a single kick I didn't regret doing.

I don't care about banlist, because I can host. Why bother searching for a game I like when I can just host it right away? Most people that ban me, do so for an invalid reason anyway, so they are doing me a favor keeping themselves away from my pro epic pwner 1337ness.

Banlist subscriptions are stupid, because the people on the banlist are very rarely on there for a reason you would ban. I never subscribe.

Now, I don't use banlist. Why? Because it is a blacklist. I don't need a blacklist of people who suck; they suck by default. I need a whitelist of people who are pro. Clans fulfill this function. Actually there is one single need for a blacklist: trolls. People who join games that require balanced teams, and then leave after it starts.

No, you can't know what someone is running on their machine.

You can however ignore it when you are the host, since it doesn't matter, and when you join a game, ask the host if they're a <insert swear here> who uses banlist.

Level 2
Because you dont know when life is going to end. And I find you pretty stupid for attempting to compare wc3 to life.

I have never seen a Gem TD with"No leaving" infact, the term "No leaving/leavers" isnt even constant anymore thanks to banlist. And I mean that in a negative way.

So you dont know the host doesnt want you to leave and you get banned anyway.

Waste of time?

Are you honostly playing fucking video games and expecting anything more?

Where are you getting this bullshit? The host doesnt establish any rules, in some cases the host doesnt even TALK. He starts the game, you leave = ban

You are obviously unaware that 60% of hosts are retarded and consider a serious offense something as simple as "i gtg" "if u leave i ban u nub".

Ya you wont play with that host again, but being such a Banlist fan boy I was hoping you would know that people subscribe and share their banlists, which means getting banned by one host could mean getting banned by dozens more.

You have no arguement here, anything you try to use as a valid point can be rejected because what you're fighting for is plainly wrong.

Its fucking stupid of you to even try arguing for Banlist, its like trying to argue for cancer. If you add up the sum of its parts it is bad, and brings nothing but negativity to a community which is already in turmoil thanks to many retarded individuals.

you know, i don't really care what you say. you are just being a retard, bitter because you got banned, using dumb points. you are assuming that i am a retard host who bans everyone who leaves, you are assuming that i am a jackass and don't care about other people. you assume that i ban everyone who leaves in gem td or some shit noone cares about.

i'm not going to waste my time arguing with you because "banlist is like cancer"

lastly, i am not talking about hosts who use banlist, im talking about the banlist itself.

all your arguments don't really make sense to me, e.g. that you think that video games aren't for fun, yet you are complaining about the banlist. they may make sense to you, but w/e. you ignore all my key points and give your argument, your opinion.

and lastly, and for god sakes, the banlist isn't even a big deal. whoever is complaining about it is just bitter, and if you actually get banned on a approved ban list etc, than just make a new account or spoof lol. you guys are making such a big deal out of it. respond to me if you like, but remember, i dont care.

Level 17
Lol you're a funny one.

you know, i don't really care what you say. you are just being a retard, bitter because you got banned, using dumb points. you are assuming that i am a retard host who bans everyone who leaves, you are assuming that i am a jackass and don't care about other people. you assume that i ban everyone who leaves in gem td or some shit noone cares about.
If you didnt care, you wouldnt reply would you? And that wasnt targetted to you if you read my post more carefully. Where the fuck are you getting this stuff from? Read my post, I never "Assumed" anything of you. Shit you could be the only good host, but the fact remains that not everyone is angelic like you.

i'm not going to waste my time arguing with you because "ban list is like cancer"

lastly, i am not talking about hosts who use ban list, I'm talking about the ban list itself.
Thats stupid, thats like not talking about the people who cause war just the war its self. And yes I'm pretty sure you used "Hosts dont.. Hosts want.. Hosts should.." pretty often.

all your arguments don't really make sense to me, e.g. that you think that video games aren't for fun, yet you are complaining about the ban list. they may make sense to you, but w/e. you ignore all my key points and give your argument, your opinion.
Yes, my opinion clearly states video games are not for fun, they are hard serious work. For I am the enemy of fun, fear me.

Rofl, give me a fucking break.

Ignore all your key points? I've quoted every single one you've said.

and lastly, and for god sakes, the ban list isn't even a big deal. whoever is complaining about it is just bitter, and if you actually get banned on a approved ban list etc, than just make a new account or spoof lol. you guys are making such a big deal out of it. respond to me if you like, but remember, i dont care.
How many "lastly s" do you have?

And lastly, spoofing or making a new account doesn't work since ban list tracks your I.P. I don't know about you, but I don't think I should have to use a proxy just because of some dick wads stupid assumptions that I am a leaver.

Level 7
The most common excuse for banlist being good is "once a leaver always a leaver" which makes no sense... tell me there is someone out there that hasn't ever left a game and I will slap you silly. Through your computer screen.
Another reason to prey to god for super powers like slapping/punching people over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.