• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Anonymous - The AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Blood and Money - The AoS

From now on the thread regarding this map and it's progress will be located here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/blood-and-money-aos-132830/. In the map development forum. Please do not post in this thread anymore.

Keeping you posted =)
Terrain Update!
Date Unkown =p: Aerial WIP-shot of map
June 21st: 2 shots of the goldmine camp, looking good.
Here are my hero ideas right now, they aren't completed ideas, nor are the spells balanced lol. But you got to start somewhere.
Blood and Money --> Hero --> Strength --> Tank
Name > X
Level x X
Model: Night Elf Mountain Giant
Skin: Flesh Mountain Giant
Icon: Flesh Mountain Giant
Attack Speed: Slow
Move Speed: Slow

==Gaping Wounds==
Whenever X is attacked the blood and flesh that is wrougth from
him runs down and is reabsorbed into his body, bringing some of
his strength back.

X regains 8/9.5/11/12.5% of his strength per attack.

==Flesh Rend==
X swipes his mighty fist in front of him stealing blood and flesh
and adding it to his own bulk.

X rends all enemy units in front of him, stealing 75/100/125/150
health total. X gains 70/93/116/138 health and 5/7/9/12 damage.
X loses 10/15/20/25 health and 1/2/3/4 damage every time he is
struck by a melee attack.

==Meatshield==
X violently runs towards a targeted ally, swatting enemies that happen
to get in his path away, and takes all the hits for them.

X violently runs towards an ally swatting enemies to his sides for
10/30/50/70+his strength in damage, and transfers all of the damage done to his
target to himself instead for 3/4/5/6 seconds.

==Taunting Gouge==
X hits the target enemy with a taunting blow, daring it to attack him. Taunting
Gouge does more and more damage each time on the same target until it finaly attacks him.

X taunts the enemy with an attack that deals 40/70/110 extra damage, and 10/30/70 extra damage each
Gouge until the enemy directly attack you.
Blood and Money --> Hero --> Strength --> Damage Dealer

Name > Krosh
Level x Makrura Warrior
Model: Makrura Tidal Lord
Icon: Makrura Tidal Lord
Attack Speed: Medium
Move Speed: Medium

==IRON GRIP==

Krosh extends his mighty claw and clamps down on a
target, immoblilizing it and himself, dealing an
armor shattering blow. Once he releases the target
is paralyzed for a short time.

Clamp down for 1 second, dealing 1.5/2/2.5/3*
your strength in damage, paralyzing the target for
an additional 1/1.33/1.66/2 second(s).

==SHED==

Krosh sheds out of his shell leaving it behind, his
magical and physical defenses greatly weakened Krosh
panics and moves at a much faster pace. Once he finaly
forms a new shell it's initial strength is greater
then before.

Shed your shell, causing you to take 50/45/40/35% more damage
and move 15/20/25/30% faster for 5 seconds. Once your new shell
forms you gain 5/9/13/17 armor and +20/30/40/50 damage for 7 seconds.

NOTE: Your left behind shell never dies/gets removed
on its own, it can be killed by enemies or it can be
shattered with Iron Grip dealing aoe damage and
temporarily causing there attacks to miss due to small
shell shard caught in there eyes. And it DOES have pathing
i.e. it can block heroes/units.

==Uppercut==

Krosh thrusts his large claw upwards, smashing any
enemies within range outwards, damaging and stunning them.

Thrust your claw upwards hitting all enemies infront
of you for 100+your srength in damage, stunning them
for 1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s) and knocking them backwards.

==Blurred Speed==

Krosh slips into a fit of extremely lethal and focused attacks.
You began to move so quickly that every attack you make,
and every skill you cast, is done an additional time to a
random nearby enemy.

Krosh gains 35/55/75 attack damage for 8/9/10 seconds and
hits an additional nearby enemy with all attacks and
spells cast.
Blood and Money --> Hero --> Strength --> Healer

Name > Mag' Throk
Level X Bloodmancer
Model: Ogre Magi
Icon: Ogre Magi

==Blood Brothers==

Mag' Throk connects himself to an ally by blood, causing some of
the targets damage taken to be transfered to himself instead.

Mag' Throk connects himself to the target, transfering 20/30/40/50% of
the damage it should've taken to himself instead. Lasts for 10
seconds.

==Sacrifice of Flesh==

Using forgotten blood magic Mag' Throk conveys some of his own life force
to a target ally, temporarily increasing its health, while decreasing
his own.
Transfers 100/200/400/(600+10% of your remaining health) to the target
for 8/9/10/11 seconds.

==Gorged Veins==

Mag' Throk thirsts constantly for blood, gulping mouthfuls of enemies and
allies alike to satisfy his thirst. Mag' Throk gets healed slightly whenever
walking near a corpse.

Mag' Throk gets healed for 3/4.5/6/7.5% of nearby corpses maximum health.
(Corpses are destroyed upon consumption.)

==Crimson Bile==

Mag' Throk violently vomits blood towards the targeted area, healing
allies and damaging enemies. Enemies and allies alike can then be walked
near for Gorged Veins, not killing them.

Violently puke blood healing for 5/10/15/20% of the targets
life. And damaging enemies for 200/350/500.

Description of my AoS:

Team
Gost - Project Creator/Team Manager/Ideas
Destructor [DoR] - Terrainer

Details
-6v6 AoS
-3 major lanes
-160x128.
-Beta/or maybe the first actual release there will be 12 heroes. A damage dealer, tank, support, and healer for each stat tree.

Map Setup and Dynamics
The map has 7 (9 including both team bases, but those are already captured at start, and end the game upon another team capturing yours) bases that can be captured by either team to provide benefits in capturing the remaining assets the enemy holds.
(See image attached at bottom)
1 - One sides main base (where heroes re spawn/buy items).
2 - Mercenary camp: Owning team gets an extra unit(s) spawned each wave.
3 - Merchant Camp: % of gold refunded every time an item is bought.
4 - Magical Spring>Life: Owning team get a life regeneration bonus aura.
5 - One sides main base (where heroes re spawn/buy items).
6 - Mercenary camp: Owning team gets an extra unit(s) spawned each wave.
7 - Rich Goldmine: Owning teams players get more money per second.
8 - Magical Spring>Life: Owning team get a life regeneration bonus aura.
9 - Undecided, slaughterhouse?

The red marks are where neutral hostile creeps will be. The grass is just showing where the main paths will be, and the crops in the trees is just showing where the less traveled forest paths are. *Note: the trees are not the sunken ruins model because that is what I am looking for lol, just what I had selected and didn't notice till the end >.>. In addition this framework preview is 128x96, so the actual map will have a lot more leg room.

It isn't going to look much anything like the framework I provided, that is more of an outline and I need someone to paint inside the lines.

Further Explanation / Background
Your hero is a hired hand for whichever team your on, the two split factions both want control of all the resources and power held within this valley.

What I Need
-A -fluent- JASS coder
-*No longer need a terrainer, the spot was filled. See top of post.
Wrapping it Up & What I am doing atm
If you have any questions about any part of the map feel free to ask, I may have forgotten to type something out =).
Right now I am getting down hero ideas and all there abilities on paper to make it so all that the JASSER is required to do is actualy code. (But don't be put off you can put forth your ideas or criticism if you want, we are just looking for the best ideas so =).)

Attachments

• Framework.JPG
    Framework.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Blood and Money Terrain WIP Preview.JPG
    Blood and Money Terrain WIP Preview.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Goldmine.JPG
    Goldmine.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Goldmine 2.JPG
    Goldmine 2.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 15
Grand Scirmish
Resource Wars
Price of Loyalty (originally a HoMM 2 campaign name)
Blood and Money AoS
Mercenary Wars
Greed Wars AoS

Level 10
*Actualy attached the image of the framework.

@Trillium: I really like the name Blood and Money and I am going to stick with it =p, I'll slap you down on my credits notepad right now =).

@Sabertooth, lol nah. Was just looking for a name.

Level 10
Meh I would prefer to have a JASSer, the code tends to be cleaner, easier and quick to adjust, and is generally more capable in more cases then GUI. I think it's pretty sad if they wouldn't at least give someone a try because there unknown. I am not really in the spotlight ever but I've been around since quite a while before wc3sear went down, so I am familiar with the community and such.

EDIT: Not sure what else I should do to make the "arrogants" =p, think I am more capable / or won't dump this project. The main thing that would keep me from dumping the project is them joining lol. I think I am going to keep working out the hero ideas and see if anyone gets interested.

EDIT2: It also puts a lot more pressure on me finding someone willing to terrain, because getting the maps layout itself setup is a big step in the right direction and one of the first things you have to do.

Last edited:
Level 10
Hell hath no fury like crab-like rage.
edit: O f*cking god I laughed so hard after I reread that, I kinda just whipped that up, was just trying tog et my idea of what the spell should do onto "paper" so I was just throwing in random stuff to make it less of just a clutter of numbers.

Level 11
Some idea for a strength healer

Hero --> Strength --> Healer

Name > XYZ
Level X Blood Priest
Model: Blood Elf Spell Thief
Icon: Blood Elf Spell Thief

==????==
Everytime XYZ gets damage, 10/20/30/40% of that damage heals surrounding units (Not himself)

==Blood armor==
Increase HP by 200/300/400/500

Note: Could also be a buff

==Blood refreshment==
Heals a friendlyy unit for 200/300/400/500 XYZ also gets healed for 20/40/60/80% of the ammount.

==Blood Spirit== Ultimate
XYZ sacrifice 50% if his current live to create a Blood Spirit which heals for x 2/3/4 of the sacrificed life.

Note: Could be a chain heal with no reduction or the spirit is flying around the caster and cast every 2 seconds an AE Heal that heals for (Sacrficed HP x (2/3/4) /5) for 10 seconds.

Level 10
Destructor is currently working on the terrain to get some WIPs ready to be posted, the sooner we get a JASSer on board the better =) send me a pm.

Edit: Hero ideas updated, and a new one added. See main post.

Last edited:
Level 15
I might not be the best at JASS, but I could try to help you with some stuff (maybe just let me be some substitute or something, just to help you once in a while). I don't know vJass and don't work with it, so I just use normal JASS.
Also, the terrain is rather plain ATM, doesn't really looks good from above. But I like the layout of the map, loads of places to ambush. Maybe complicate the forest slightly, would look better!

Level 10
Don't worry that is nothing like what the map will look like, it is just an outline of where the lanes and camps should be =).

Well some of the stuff we need to be done might be pretty complicated, you could try making one of the spells I have the idea for already made. Up at the first post in the heroes just try and make some / one of there spells (just use the numbers there already we can balance spells later) and we'll see from there =). And if that doesn't work out we could just have you be the guy that does all of the coding besides the spell, like creep wave spawning (easy I know) setting up the multiboard, item combinations etc.

And if you have any questions feel free to ask, no need to go about making something blind =). And if you are going to try and see if you can make any of the spells, just change some heroes model to the model that we are going to use for the hero whos spell your making... phew mouthfull.

Level 9
Looks like a Dota replica with worse terrain, don't meen to be rude.
I realize that Dota is just one of the many AOS' but i don't see very many new things in all of these AoS type maps.

Level 10
The terrain is already superior to dota's and we aren't even done yet ( you can see the updated terrain here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/blood-and-money-aos-132830/), there are bases to capture / defend / recapture and gain benefits from rather then just destroying a tower, there are going to be multiple modes that none of which are in dota that are described here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/blood-and-money-aos-132830/. Judging by the very fact that you even posted in this thread makes me doubt you even read my post, becase there is flaming red text at the top of the first post telling you not to post in this thread anymore and gives you a link to where you should be posting, which is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/blood-and-money-aos-132830/, btw. If you hadn't caught on yet.

/Sigh, i'm not sure how one would go about making an AoS these days without it being considered dota, judging by some people.

~Please do not post in this thread anymore~

Level 6
Looks like a Dota replica with worse terrain, don't meen to be rude.
I realize that Dota is just one of the many AOS' but i don't see very many new things in all of these AoS type maps.

I just hate when people compare new AoS maps to DotA. DotA isnt synonymous with AoS. and what made you think the terrain was worse?

Level 9
Well to be frank, DotA is the king of AoS' its the most successful custom game ever made.
I'm comparing yours to dota because its the same idea, 3 lanes, creeps, heroes, fight. Theres only so many games that can be like this and because of DotA's successfulness it has filled up all of those slots. Any 3 lane creep hero map you make is going to be related to one way or another. And the terrain looks like the same tile repeated with some trees here and there.

Level 10
I'm comparing yours to dota because its the same idea, 3 lanes, creeps, heroes, fight.

....So any map with creeps, heroes, and they fight, is to be compared to dota as a shitty copy? The only one you could get away with is the 3 lane idea, I have 3 lanes merely because thats how many camp ideas I had, there had to be 3 lanes. And even that stupid, some WmWs had 3 lanes etc. it is dumb to compare.

Anyways I don't know what terrain screenshots your looking at but they are obviously not the same as everyone else lol.

But to be quite frank, I am only responding to this out of a little bit of anger, I really don't want people posting in this thread. If you have something to say, say it in the correct thread. (Requesting close).

Status
Not open for further replies.