• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I have wanted to create a winter terrain for awhile, but never had any good ideas. Now i finally got a good idea!

EDIT: Added updated version!

Attachments

• Anomaly2.png
    Anomaly2.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Level 7
Wow, this is WC III? Looks like somekind HQ game terrain.
Well i dont know how to critisice this, so I wont do it. Lets say that you have made huge progress from the starting of terraining. Where the hell you found those sexy models? Their looking very good.

Level 16
Would you like to share the models?
The thing to improve in this is most likely the ground itself, you have more detail on the sides than the rest of the terrain. It reminds me more of the new games, which have limited access to areas. I don't like -limited- terrain.
Give it a free vision, and it will be lot better.

Level 16
Meh, what I mean is~
If a terrain obviously has more detail on the area surrounding it than the rest of it, it doesn't give the -free terrain- feeling, where you could easily be moving and stuff.
If you have about equal amount of detail everywhere, it will look better.

However, I'm not sure how you were aiming to do this.
I'll try to find the model pack, somehow, sometime.

Otherways I guess I'll have to say the atmosphere is quite good, and as it seemfully is day in it, you don't need extra lights added into it.
Then, the snowflakes... They somehow don't seem to be as good as they could be, adding several "holes" in the background, making it look like you've just made a wall of doodads and left nothing behind them.

Rating I would say... 7½/10

Edit: On a second thought... Let's give 1½ more points.

Level 4
The foreground somehow looks to messy for me... all those ranks somehow look 2d and all mixed up....
Apart from that I like the atmopshere!

This.
The only real issue I have is the 2D-looking roots and vines which pervade close to the camera. In the same place of issue which is mainly on the right, there's a problem of blending as well. Otherwise though, great.

Level 4
I like the changes, though I preferred the snow ground from the first one because it had a nice natural gradient to it. Good improvement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.