• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Looking pretty good, but there's alot of room for improvements.

Try to construct the cave to the right more careful, by also using smaller rocks and placing them right; the cave is looking too lumpy.
The envirmonment to the left lacks detail. Try to place grasses, trees and rocks with care and try to make it look nice to the finest details.

Some further sugestions would be to replace the water with the water model from the UTM, play around with the lightning and try to create more depth in the terrain by scaling the rocks in the background and the trees in the foreground properly.

Level 17
It's kinda good. But the left side of the land is flat. I don't like the choice of the trees you placed. The shrubs are ugly, delete them and fix these things and it will look much better!

I ran out of creativity with the left side a bit.. I normally dislike pines too but they seemed to fit in this one.

Looking pretty good, but there's alot of room for improvements.

Try to construct the cave to the right more careful, by also using smaller rocks and placing them right; the cave is looking too lumpy.
The envirmonment to the left lacks detail. Try to place grasses, trees and rocks with care and try to make it look nice to the finest details.

Some further sugestions would be to replace the water with the water model from the UTM, play around with the lightning and try to create more depth in the terrain by scaling the rocks in the background and the trees in the foreground properly.

I'm not very experienced at building caves, so i don't really know how to fix it. And the water model is too transparent and its not that easy to place to make it look nice.

Anyway i'll see what i can do tomorrow.

Level 7
Keep practicing on the caves; the more practice, the more skills.
For the water model, tinting it down a bit and lowering the Z-Scale to about 0.25 should do the trick. ;)

Level 17
Actually tbh this wasn't my original idea, my terrains usually don't come out exactly as i picture them in my head, i think i'll try making one closer to my original idea.

EDIT: I think this one looks better.

Attachments

• MidnightRemade.png
    MidnightRemade.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Level 18
moon = win

try and make the forground better ( not sure how though, im at work tired as fuck, so i cant think right now x.x)

and the back mountains appear to have little 'nipples' on them.they appear to be small rocks. i suggest removing those. it seems unnatural.

Edit : for the remade one, i suggest making those glows bigger.

Level 19
The second one is indeed better. I really like the placing of that first big rock closest to the camera.

For improvement I suggest you start by picking an other grass model. The one you have there is not exactly the best choice in my opinion. I would go for shurb 4 from UTM, sunken into the ground, together with that long grassy doodad thingy right there. Secondly, try to place the rocks like they are one big rock, instead of several loose ones. And at last, tinting! :D Tinting will give this terrain a boost.

Level 17
For improvement I suggest you start by picking an other grass model. The one you have there is not exactly the best choice in my opinion. I would go for shurb 4 from UTM, sunken into the ground, together with that long grassy doodad thingy right there. Secondly, try to place the rocks like they are one big rock, instead of several loose ones. And at last, tinting! :D Tinting will give this terrain a boost.

Do you mean Shrub: Bush (4)? And im not sure which long grassy doodad thingy you're talking about :p, you mean the one on the small rock in the water on the right? Also i have tinted most stuff darker, but i guess i can tint more then :p

Level 17
Can you post those rocks? I would really like to use them in my future terrains :)

Well they're from B2M's high res pack and i believe he doesn't want his stuff to be distributed to other sites.

EDIT: Fixed the stars in clouds, add more stars, replaced grass, improved cliffs, improved fog, added some plants.

Last edited:
Level 18
its good. but here is a helpful suggestion.

The Fog still looks strange, because mulitple fogs cause strange overlaps, making darker areas within the fog, and lighter areas.

what u want to obtain is one solid fog. You can do this by placing one Fog doodad in front of the camera ( like directly in front ) and make it very large, so that it covers the whole screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.