• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Terrains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Here are some of my personal terrains, I'm a fan of the darker for gloomy look of terrains. I will hopefully add more terrains over time. Tell what you think or what you think i could do or done better. Thank you.

~Black Crown

Added a few new terrains. *Note* The new four terrains were made for gilles Terrain Contest #3, and i believe them to be some of my best works. Please comment */Note*

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 296
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Spring.JPG
    Spring.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Summer.JPG
    Summer.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 127
  • Fall.JPG
    Fall.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Winter.JPG
    Winter.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Level 34
Nice terrain. I tried to give rep, but I cannot since the -rep. That's lame.

The quality of the images are poor, not sure why. It doesn't seem to be wc3 though. Is your computer on 800x600? Or is WE running on the highest graphics?

Other than that, good stuff. Some of them could use more background though.

Level 7
I'm not sure why everyone thinks this, I'm not running on 800x600, And WE is on Highest quality. I'm Guessing its cuase i use "Paint" To turn them from BMP to JPG.
Lol.. Hmm, How do i get rid of -1 Rep then? D:

Oh, And thanks for the comments. More backround you say? D: Oh well, I Gave up on the terrain contest, my terrain is crap for it xD anyways thanks for your suggestions.

Level 18
redscore is right.
it has no WOW effect,
but if im not mistaken, these pics hav no imports.
Its pretty good. I especially like the second pic, with the ancient on the hill.

these are pretty good if you were making an RPG. And its no imports, so u get + rep.
:)

Level 7
I wasn't going for a "wow" affect. I like more Darker and Gloomy pictures, night time and rainy pictures. Thanks for the commnets though.
I think when it comes down to it. I'm not the best person for Terrains. I can do simple and playable terrains, but when it comes down to it. I'm not that good. Lol.
I'll try to add somthing more, With a "Wow" affect. I'm leaving for Two days so yeah.

And when it comes down to imports, I dont like using Imported Models, Becuase most of them dont blend with w3 original models. And I enjoy being able not to rely on other peoples work.

Level 34
I'm not sure why everyone thinks this, I'm not running on 800x600, And WE is on Highest quality. I'm Guessing its cuase i use "Paint" To turn them from BMP to JPG.
It shouldn't make a huge difference, but going from bmp to jpg does lower the quality. I use paint too, and it doesn't make it that bad. Not sure what's wrong.

Lol.. Hmm, How do i get rid of -1 Rep then? D:
No it's because I gave you -rep I cannot rep you until I rep more people.
It's the thought that counts though right?

Oh, And thanks for the comments. More backround you say? D: Oh well, I Gave up on the terrain contest, my terrain is crap for it xD anyways thanks for your suggestions.
Don't give up! I want to see as many terrains as possible. That way it keeps interest, and people want to come back next time! Just work on a new one, there's lots of time yet!

Level 7
No it's because I gave you -rep I cannot rep you until I rep more people. It's the thought that counts though right?

Yeah, It is! :D.

Don't give up! I want to see as many terrains as possible. That way it keeps interest, and people want to come back next time! Just work on a new one, there's lots of time yet!

Well i finnaly did get UTM installed. So i might be able to do somthing. I might aswell try. No reason not to.

---Updated Terrains---

Last edited:
Level 18
your getting better.

to make your newest screenies better, change the pitch angle so that the trees dont tilt with the terrain.

+rep :)

thats the submission for the terrain contest :D

ill be voting for you., i honestly didn't like the other people's work.
Fix the tilting trees. You may win !

Level 7
Yeah, There is a reason the trees are tilted!
Thanks for your comment. And i hope i atleast stand a chance, heh.
I hope to add more along the way, I enjoy doing sad, kinda gloomy terrains. Doing the contest was hard becuase of spring and summer :\ to colorfull.

Level 7
Thanks. I did the darker tind to kinda make it look like night. Thanks for the rep. My life is becoming a bit hetic with school and what have you so i don't know when i'll be able to add another terrain. Hopefully soon.
Thank you all who commented and to who hasn't i wanna know what you think.

~Black Crown

Level 5
You could use on the 6 picture on that hill (or what it is) some trees, i like the one with the tents in the snow :grin: +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.