• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making my terrain better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello there, I became inspired to make terrains lately, so I started making what I like best - appocalypse style terrain.

I wanted to ask what should/shouldn't be there according to you?

I still looks a bit .. empty to me :? (Don't look at the background, I'll place more buildings and stuff there, I mean the street and stuff)

At a side note I am always searching for some small model fillers (like trash on the ground, some paper pages would be awesome, perhaps some ground smudges etc.). So if u know or have some of that sort - please do tell. :)

112257d1332610783-making-my-terrain-better-zombiess_1.jpg

Attachments

• zombiess_1.JPG
    zombiess_1.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Reactions: _PV
Level 18
Super Good has a point there desu~, shadows are needed and also light doodads in the places where there is fire ofcourse.

And a thing that caught my eye is the destroyed building, it seems that the other parts of the building have mysteriously disappeared. I do understand that the buidling can collapse inside the exterior part, But atleast some of it should be seen. Either way we could simply go with parts of the building being on the road.

And then there is the building in the background. If i were you, i wouldn't use such a bad textured model so near the camera as the flaws of it can be easily seen. Either a better textured building or a building made out of doodads would fit there better, allowing you to create destroyed parts to it aswell.

Perhaps there could be more cars on the road instead of... Uhh.. Chairs... And let's not forget the toilets desu~!

Aaaand then let's take a look at the sky. It's blue, no no. Dame da. Use cloud models to make it grayer and maybe a bit orange..? Green, even? No? I do not know what has happened there, it's the apocalypse afterall, there should be smoke and who knows what everywhere, which.. Ofcourse affects the sky.

Also, the right top corner looks a bit like "End of the World" to me. It could be fixed with adding a building, or maybe the sky will fix it? Who knows.

Ofcourse the road could be destroyed, revealing pipes and so on beneath it. That might be a bit too hard for you though, I am not that aware of your skills.

And I have to say that I hate the villager model - But, ah.. Details!

Level 15
Let's have an update, with more shadows/lights, better sky, more things ... and an army, marching into town to look for survivors.

Here we go:

112281d1332672999-making-my-terrain-better-zombiess_2.jpg

112291d1332679378-making-my-terrain-better-zombiess_3.jpg

Attachments

• zombiess_2.JPG
    zombiess_2.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 386
  • zombiess_3.JPG
    zombiess_3.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Level 15
Thank you. I will tell u in PM for the models. I will try that with the shadows, for now I am adding them 1 by 1.

Here is another screenie of me:

A band of soldiers near a destroyed bridge, waiting for their doom...

112293d1332686616-making-my-terrain-better-zombiess_4.jpg

Attachments

• zombiess_4.JPG
    zombiess_4.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 365
Status
Not open for further replies.