• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Annoying Nighelf Archer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Why is it that the nightelf archers are so alert when enemies are very close but outside their target range so as a result they will move to make posts w/n their range? I just dont like this to happen bcoz i dont want to issue hold order constantly for every group w/ melee & range units. where exactly in the unit editor should i edit to prevent this from happenning.

What i want to happen is that they should only be alerted w/n their target range.

_______
Anyone? pls...

Level 22
Not sure I understand the question, but if you want archers to identify targets before they are within range, set their aquisition range to exceed that of their maximum target range. There, they will aquire targets and move to them to attack without being ordered (unless you have hold position on). Although keep in mind that aquisition range is still limited depending on the unit's vision capabilites and how far it can see through the shroud. You can set that in the object editor. Should be the first line of the "combat" section.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
Actually, the realm problem w/ these units is that they will attack w/out given orders unless hold position is issued on them..

Therefore, if i will set the acquisition range equal to their attack range will this solve the problem. Meaning they will no longer identify enemies unless they are w/n attack range & will not move to attack them w/o given orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.