• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archers have own target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archers have own target and sort of hold fire.

I have two questions regarding archers. Rep will be given for help.

1: I am not sure how to do this but what I need is for my archers to have their own target. I mean like if I have a large number of archers and enemies I don't want five archers to aim and attack one enemy. I need something that will make their have their own target.

2: In a cinematic, I have a line of archers that I want to hold their fire. Like they load their bows with arrows or whatever it is called but don't fire. Like a prepare to fire then pause then un pause and they then release their arrows. What if they were like units based off the catapult and right before they fire their projectiles they are paused?

Level 13
For a easy way to maybe only allow 1 unit to be attacked by 1 enemy unit at a time just give it a fake buff for like .5 secs or less after its attacked and have another trigger check if that unit has that buff before its able to be attacked again by a different archer, If it has the buff then order stop attacking unit.
If you need a example let me know.

No you dont need to do it that way, you can just use the attack animation and tinker with it till u find the right time to freeze the animation, if the archers are too close to the unit u can pause them. Or just use a different type archer with like < 50 acquisition range and use that type archer for the cinematic.
It will look something like this.
(where "no unit" is just put your units there)
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play No unit's attack animation
      • Animation - Change No unit's animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
      • -------- //after you are ready to have them attack just reset the annimation and order them to attack --------
      • Animation - Change No unit's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Order No unit to Attack No unit
You may need a small wait time after the first trigger to get the right time in the attack animation you want.. You'll have to play around till u get it how you like before freezing the animation.

Level 13
Something like this

• attack 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Faerie Fire) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Druid of the Talon (Night Elf Form) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 0.35 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • attack 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Faerie Fire) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
You have to make the fake unit created able to cast instantly and make it super small so its unable to be seen.
Also removed its attack and move speed, along with 0 cast time.
You'll have to use a buff that is not used in your game normally
you have to make the ability making the buff only last like .1-.5 sec's

Status
Not open for further replies.