• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Units outside of Acq. Range attacking when I attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Acq. Range is the range that makes units auto-attack you, say if you're running past.

Well I've gone through all the gameplay constants (the only ones which look like working are these, problem is they don't work at all)

Combat - Call for Help Range (Tried: 300, 50, 0; Still attack)
Combat - Call for Help Range, Creeps (Tried: 300, 50, 0; Still attack)

and also most of the data in the object editor and there is nothing to stop enemies, of about 800 range away, helping it's allies when I attack them.

Making an RPG this is very frustrating.

To make more sence:

I don't want units (400 range away or higher) to aquire me as a target when I attack other units.

When I attack a unit, another unit that's not even in the same camp comes and tries to attack me. Any ideas?

Hopefully this will be my last thread in this forum unless I run into something uber hard...

If you don't understand a word I'm saying, maybe look at the screenshot I'm posting...

sszt4.jpg

Level 24
a little field called "call for help range". there's one for creeps and one for player-controlled units.
i'm not sure whether it actually works or not, but theoretically it will change how close/far a unit has to be to run to help an allied unit.

Level 4
EDIT: Believe it or not, this does nothing even if it's set to ZERO. :|. Oh well :(

Teh Ephy, thanks for responding.
I tried the gameplay constants:

Combat - Call for Help Range (300)
Combat - Call for Help Range, Creeps (300)

Plus

Creep - Guard Distance (300)
Creep - Return Distance (300)

If it changed, I didn't notice it (just like you said, don't know if it works). I assumed it was those call for help ranges but it didn't change a thing. I might go test ranges of like 50 and maybe 0 and see what happens o_O.

Well, thanks :).

Level 24
yeah i wasn't sure whether they did anything or not either. the theoretically meant that i wasn't 100% sure. i wasn't even 50% sure that they did anything :|

Level 4
When I put them back up to 600, monsters from far away started attacking me when I had a creep at low hp. I guess the constant causes monsters in the range to attack you when something of theirs is at low hp.

Looks like I'm back to square one.

Anyone else got any ideas? BTW I tried that trigger and it's almost useless. Sorry but it's true, it just mucks around with all my other triggers in the map (ie. monster spellcasting).

Status
Not open for further replies.