• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Changing a Unit's Attack Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, what i need help w/ is say a melee unit picks up a bow(item), how do i make his attack range change?
Is there a way to so the upgrade "Improved Bows" an item ability? or atleast have the effects?

Please help, Thanks

Level 3
You could use
Code:
Event - Whenever a unit acquires an item
Condition - Item being manipulated is equal to BOW
Action
- Set current research level of BOW RANGE to 1 for player (owner of hero manipulating item)

And then for if it drops

Code:
Event - Whenever a unit drops an item
Condition - Item being manipulated is equal to BOW
Action
- Set current research level of BOW RANGE to 0 for player (owner of hero manipulating item)

And ofc give al units effected by the bow the upgrade.[/code]

Level 2
Ok, i did everything u said but the drop trigger isnt working...like say u use the sword ul have the sword range, then u drop that and then u pick up a bow ul have the bow's range (all ok there)
But then after u do all that say u drop the bow and pick up the sword again ul stil have the bow's range :shock:

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.