• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need more help but i narrowed it down PLZ HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So i wanted to make an item give a unit range like a bow that gives a unit 500 range...

So i was told to make when the unit gets the item to make the upgrade level to 1 and when he loses it to make it 0 HOW DO I DO THAT.....

Level 8
You have two options that I can see. One is, make certain items enable the Attack 2 of the unit to give it a ranged attack of the range you want. However, all items that give range will give the same range.

The second option is to have an upgrade to increase range. There's no ability that increases range, so it can only be done with upgrades.

However, once it's increased, I believe that trying to decrease that upgrade back to 0 won't actually change the unit at all. Upgrades in Warcraft 3 really can't be reversed.

Level 6
I have a question on the enabling Attack2 part.
How come the Orb's Effect I have been experimenting only enables Attack2 to attack air units. Am I the only one here that does not get it to work?

PS:I tried changing the unit's Attack 2 to attack Ground, but still fail at it. Pls. help

Level 16
Item giving +range seems to be highly complicated to make and it would require more than 1 or 2 triggers. If u want to increase units range, u should use an upgrade. Make a dummy spell that does nothing and when hero learns it with a trigger research the upgrade that gives +range.

Level 6
Sorry to bring this up again

Both ideas of Upgrading and Drunken Haze work. Except for the disadvantages of both.

Upgrading- Unable to return to Melee attack range
Drunken Haze- Remove the Attack Icon, which shows the attack damage. Further more, it is a neagative buff which is removed after the hero dies or morphed.

Any third method of doing it pls.?

Level 6
try making the upgrade with 2 levels - 1st for normal stats 2nd for upgrading range. then you can switch the levels of the upgrade via trigger, but i dont know the exact function at mom.... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.