• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GTW Mod Accuracy System Update (Amazing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
After consulting with PurplePoot (our newest JASSer, for those who've not yet noticed), we have determined that we can indeed go with the preferred accuracy system. I had initially wanted to do this, but didn't think that the WC3 engine could support it properly. However, such is not the case, and the WC3 engine actually does support it, an thus we can indeed do it, and for this we rejoice!

Before each ranged unit was simply going to have a max range and an accuracy % that was applicable no matter where the unit fired from.

Now, each unit will have an optimum range, an optimum range accuracy %, and a maximum range.

What does this mean? It means that the accuracy % will now vary depending on how far a unit is from its target. The optimum range accuracy % is the one that is basically "the stat", the thing that players will generally go by in terms of determining how accurate a unit is. Optimum range is the range at which the unit has the optimum range accuracy % (basically, the % they would have had with the old version of the accuracy system). From the optimum range accuracy %, all other accuracy %s are determined. At 200 range and below, ranged units have an accuracy of 100%. From 200 to one range unit below the optimum range, units have an increased accuracy % (we are using an actual formula to determine this, and it will be extremely accurate so that percentages will be very accurate and realistic; I actually divined the equation myself, but I shan't reveal it yet). Units at the optimum range have their normal accuracy % (why do we call it "optimal range"? Essentially, it is the optimum range b/c it is the prime range for a unit to fire from; not too close, and yet not so far that it's ability to hit anything is very low). Units beyond the optimum range to the maximum range have decreased accuracy. A unit's accuracy at maximum range is half its accuracy at optimum range.

Now, let's take these few examples-

Unit A
Maximum Range- 1000
Optimum Range- 500
Optimum Range %- 70%

Unit B
Maximum Range- 1200
Optimum Range- 800
Optimum Range %- 80%

Unit C
Maximum Range- 800
Optimum Range- 500
Optimum Range %- 85%

Example 1:
Accuracy % for Unit A when firing from a range of 600 = 63%

Example 2:
Accuracy % for Unit A when firing from a range of 400 = 80%

Example 3:
Accuracy % for Unit b when firing from a range of 500 = 90%

Example 4:
Accuracy % for Unit B when firing from a range of 935 = 66.5%

Example 5:
Accuracy % for Unit C when firing from a range of 795 = 43.2083%

Example 6:
Accuracy % for Unit C when firing from a range of 410 = 89.5%

I hope this helped you guys understand the system better.

Btw, gotta love the equation, heh, works every time =)

Status
Not open for further replies.