1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anime to watch?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlueSaint, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I like to watch anime sometimes. I've listed some titles I've seen over time and wouldn't mind some recommendations based on it.

You're free to discuss anime in general as well.

Title Rating Quick review
    Anohana 4/10 "Only a select lot see you" cliché is so overused and the tear-jerking stems from that quirk. I would've loved more drama, since the ingredients were there.
    Naruto 5/10 Excluding Shippuden as it hasn't finished. I like the character development. This anime is immature, for example characters don't die, or extremely rarely do.
    Death Note 6/10 I find the "invisible shinigami follows you" - idea intriguing. The plot is overly contingent on wits, which is too arbitrary to my taste. Not that I'd like the genre to begin with...
    When They Cry 6/10 The premise and execution are nice. Maybe less iterations would've sufficed, although it remained a frightfully riveting story through both seasons.
    Elfen Lied 6.5/10 The plot plays out disappointingly; Lucy conveniently gets her powers right in the nick of time. Although I must admit I like how graphic it is.
    Parasyte the Maxim 6.5/10 Parasite invasion is executed nicely, and overall the execution is nice. I like the gore in it.
    Clannad 7/10 Second season is a tear jerker without parallel. But the first one consists of arcs which put me off, and wasn't too compelling overall, sans Fuko arc.
    Kimi no Na wa. 7/10 Very good development and execution in less than 2 hours. Needed more romantic elements, since the relationship was the story's driving force besides magic.
    Koe no Katachi 8/10 It's a must-see movie if you share my preferences. However, side characters were gray and lacked development. Left me yearning for romantic advances between characters.

Edit: Formatted the list a bit
    Edit 2: Added a few titles.
    Edit 3: Changed wording.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    The following are all short anime

Eureka seven
    is an interesting twist on a love story. A boy falls in love with an alien/robot hybrid who is the captain of a giant machine samurai bandit... Gay people tend to love the story and I found it particularly interesting simply because they show what I would deem as true love(conquers all)

Basilisk is a love story with a twist. Two ninja clans and two head of their clan ninja's fall in love, but just when they fall for each other their clans announce war. Bound by honour they swear to kill each other for their clan!

Hellsing I didn't really like this particular anime, the story line sucks, don't watch it

Uhm... that's all I have for now. there was also this one anime which I forget the name of, I think it was 'one of them is not related'??? It was also a kinda love story. This guy wakes up one morning with two extremely hot girls claiming to both be his long last sister. Thing is he only had one sister. He ends up falling in love with both of them but know he can not marry his sister, so what can he do???? I never watched that one to the end but it was defiantly entertaining.

3. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Re Zero

4. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    short and strange: Dokuro chan.

5. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok I finished Parasyte, it's like 6/10 - above average, in my eyes.

Edit: As to clarify, I find single season animes annoying. But something like One Piece is ridiculous.

Edit2: Well in my list it's 6.5 cuz it's definitely better than Death Note in my eyes, but I hate the lack of episodes too much to give it 7.

Keep the suggestions coming hehe :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  6. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    do you also read manga?

7. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes, but I hate reading it from monitor screen. Something like Naruto I can find from my local library, but the chances of me getting a physical copy get slimmer beyond that.

I prefer anime, I like the sounds and animation very much. But when we get to the garbage quality such as Code Geass, manga would be better.

8. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah no online manga that burns your eyes out but i mean buying it and stuff like that
    mob phyco is also good
    91 days
    fma

9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ew. Really dislike that one.

Code Geass, it's basically like Death Note, mind games galore.
    Tokyo Ghoul is pretty much Parasyte but better. IMO

10. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    inb4 strike of yours truly

11. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes I could rate Tokyo Ghoul better than Parasyte easily, I see it has multiple seasons. I'm all for content.

I will give it a try soon-ish!

Well as I said already I can't stand the visuals of Code Geass, if I find physical manga collection of it I might read it.

12. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    the manga is x100 times better. Whats your fav anime?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The manga pre Tokyo Ghoul:re is indeed better story wise.
    Though I want the fights to be animated.

My favorite is probably Requiem for the Phantom. Though it's really close between Death Note and Code Geass as well.

14. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Diabolik Lovers,

A little bit of romance and some damsel in distress and something I can't explain in english. Though I find it lacking, it is kinda good watching the girl being drank by seven vampires (if you watched it) :>

15. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    or your could read my fan fiction and everything will be alright

16. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I already read it though, an I still think you should upload it here on hive.

You can make chapter two to it.

17. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Saint Onii-san.

18. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ~Re-opened by request

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  19. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have decided to include anime movies on my list here as well.

I watched Kimi no Na wa., which takes the top position it seems. It had a lot of elements I enjoy, so some bias is potentially at play there (but then again, this is my list..).

Then Spirited Away I must give another watch, or all of the Studio Ghibli movies to be honest.

20. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV Series 2009–2010) - IMDb 60k votes
    9.1 on IMDB

Not a movie but it's one of the best anime, easily.

Also Avatar the last airbender, I might have a bit childhood bias on it, but it is the best non-japanese cartoon I've watched by miles. 9.x on IMDB I think