• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

RaiN and I are working on an ORPG and we need a tree fading system for it. RaiN can easily make one, but our tree's need to have a transparant animation something like 50%. Is there someone here that could add an animation to those tree's? Just call that animation Death or whatever you want.

Here are the 3 models that gotta have a transparant animation:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• RtreeW.mdx
    9.1 KB · Views: 110
  • RtreeW2.mdx
    10.2 KB · Views: 80
  • ElveswoodLeaves.mdx
    5.5 KB · Views: 78
Level 19
Why not just make them fade?

I heard that that's not possible for doodads. And I don't want to make them units in my map because then I can't change their height in the editor and have to make seperated units for them all the time. So well I heard its not possible to make doodads fade OR to make doodads fade thats MPI so only the nearby player will see the doodad 50% invisible.

I heard that that's not possible for doodads. And I don't want to make them units in my map because then I can't change their height in the editor and have to make seperated units for them all the time. So well I heard its not possible to make doodads fade OR to make doodads fade thats MPI so only the nearby player will see the doodad 50% invisible.

ah, but if they were units you could create a trigger editing their heights,
pick every unit of unit type tree
animation - scaling random number between 100% and 300%

incase you en up needing to switch to that. But if its a destructable and you need it to play an animation you might need to make that animation labeled open and close or what ever blizzard labels them as. I'm not quite sure how to make an animation that fades though.

Level 19
ah, but if they were units you could create a trigger editing their heights,
pick every unit of unit type tree
animation - scaling random number between 100% and 300%

incase you en up needing to switch to that. But if its a destructable and you need it to play an animation you might need to make that animation labeled open and close or what ever blizzard labels them as. I'm not quite sure how to make an animation that fades though.

Dont need an animation that 'fades'. Just need a 50% invisible "animation". And nah wont change it to units. Some tree's of the same time have a higher 'height' then others to make them go up in the terrain, it will be an impossible job to trigger every single tree seperately. We got like... 500 tree's in our map if I take a quick guess. All with different heights.

Dont need an animation that 'fades'. Just need a 50% invisible "animation". And nah wont change it to units. Some tree's of the same time have a higher 'height' then others to make them go up in the terrain, it will be an impossible job to trigger every single tree seperately. We got like... 500 tree's in our map if I take a quick guess. All with different heights.

Yeah it would only take one quick trigger, Just letting you know ^^ you don't have to change it but its an option and when I said fade I meant you can set the transparency to what every percentage you want 0% - 100%.

Level 19
Yeah it would only take one quick trigger, Just letting you know ^^ you don't have to change it but its an option and when I said fade I meant you can set the transparency to what every percentage you want 0% - 100%.

Trust me its not 1 quick trigger.
If you place a doodad you can change the height with Ctrl + Page up/down. I did this with every tree so it fits in the terrain.

Level 3
You could make alt versions of the models that are 50% visible and replace the original with an invisible one facing the same direction and of the same scale when a unit gets within x distance of it. Only solution I can provide - I'm not an animator.
Something like:

Actions
Set p_hero = (Position of hero)
Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of p_hero and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Tree
Then - Actions
Set p_tree = (Position of (Picked destructible))
Set p_facing = (Facing of (Picked destructible))
Set p_scale = (Size of (Picked destructible))
Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
Destructible - Create a Tree Invis at p_tree facing r_treefacing with scale r_treescale and variation 0
Else - Actions

Then all your call_remove variables.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Footmen.jpg
    Footmen.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Level 19
You could make alt versions of the models that are 50% visible and replace the original with an invisible one facing the same direction and of the same scale when a unit gets within x distance of it. Only solution I can provide - I'm not an animator.
Something like:

Actions
Set p_hero = (Position of hero)
Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of p_hero and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Tree
Then - Actions
Set p_tree = (Position of (Picked destructible))
Set p_facing = (Facing of (Picked destructible))
Set p_scale = (Size of (Picked destructible))
Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
Destructible - Create a Tree Invis at p_tree facing r_treefacing with scale r_treescale and variation 0
Else - Actions

Then all your call_remove variables.

attachment.php

Replacing the unit is not an option because of the height.
And how to trigger it isn't the problem aswel. We know exaaaactly how to do it the best way, we just need to add an animation to every model in this post. Like tree's have Stand and Dead animation we would like to add an invisible animation, dont care how this one is called maybe stand - channel?? Rlly dont care bout the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.