• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Animation Issue - time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, i am making a bosses map and need animations like wow for spells::

like cast channel and then spell animation: the problem is i need to adjust this to specific time X. For example a mage cast a fire ball in 1.22 sec.

Soo how do i make that i will look like he is - Stand Channel and then at the end show the - Spell animation??

In the past i did this:

Pause unit
1-play STAND CHANNEL animation for Unit.
2-X time pases then
3-create dummy that throws fire ball ...ect...ect
4-reset Unit animation
5-Play SPELL animation for unit
6-wait 0.5 or 0.3
7-Reset unit Animation
8-Unpause Unit

The problem is that i want to remove the wait. Because it can only be minimun 0.3 sec and creates problems.

Any ideas will be appreciate thanks!!

Edit:: Almost forgot understand that the Unit will cast all the time like in world of warcraft soo i need the Spell animation to be finish even if the unit starts to cast instantly after the first spell. Thats why in the past i used that wait of 0.5-0.3 seconds to let the spell animation finish.

Level 37
Create an ability based on Channel ability. Give it some follow through time and set the animation to stand channel.

When the unit finishes the first Channel, then you can order it to cast another ability based on Channel (but make the icon hidden, set options - visible to false) and that takes care of the second animation.

Level 6
Create an ability based on Channel ability. Give it some follow through time and set the animation to stand channel.

When the unit finishes the first Channel, then you can order it to cast another ability based on Channel (but make the icon hidden, set options - visible to false) and that takes care of the second animation.

The problem is X ( time of the cast ) is configure base on stats that change a lot during the game. Just like Wow. Soo cant make an abitlity.

Also channel ability takes time (0.3-0.5) for the engine to start. I need something faster. Like trigger loop. Well i guess i will try to make that with 2 variables of time.

Level 6
after trying hard xDD i make this::

Please if someone can try to get it more efficiently i give rep^^

Also i think i clear all the leaks.

to try the map just write in the chat:: - + a number of 3 digits that will covert into the speed cast time.
____example: -123 = 1.23 seconds____

then just press esc to fire.

here is the map::

Attachments

• fire ball casting.w3x
    25.4 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.