• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Animation Contest #4 Final Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In about 5 weeks, I'll host the contest. Reason: I go into vacations in about 5 weeks.

Before setting it up, there are 3 things that need discussion.

1º Theme

The current theme is: Drunken Animations! You take a character from Wacraft 3, you let him feel the friends vodka, ron and whisky and you animate him!

Until now this is the theme, I need to know if everyone agrees or anyone has anything to say.

Also, about this theme. How should it be? Should it be a complete scene of 1-2 minutes long of a guy being drunk? A normal animation with the drunk effect (stand, walk, attack, etc)? or a drunken unit animation set (Stand, Drink, pew, get crazy, talk of chicks, etc)?

2º Rules.

This are the current rules:

Animation Rules said:
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the model submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Imports may be used in the scene, however they must all be credited.
  • Max users may not by any mean use IK chains, Bipeds or the Reactor Engine.
  • No custom textures should be used for any reason.

I think there are some changes which we could make for the contest, like in:
  • No custom textures should be used for any reason.

there should be a set of custom textures and models that could be used for the contest. This meshes could be bottles, cans of ron, anything related. But, ofcourse, everybody should be able to use them.

The other rule is this:

I think interactive IK (the one without solvers)[well it's impossible to detect if Interactive IK had been used] and link contraints could be allowed. However, I would like to hear everyone's opinion on the matter.

3º Participants.

I need atleast 7 volunteers to participate. Animation contests are well known for being void, I would like to know who are going to participate and if they will actually take their time.

Level 25
In about 5 weeks, I'll host the contest. Reason: I go into vacations in about 5 weeks.

damn thats long but OK

The current theme is: Drunken Animations! You take a character from Wacraft 3, you let him feel the friends vodka, ron and whisky and you animate him!

Also, about this theme. How should it be? Should it be a complete scene of 1-2 minutes long of a guy being drunk? A normal animation with the drunk effect (stand, walk, attack, etc)? or a drunken unit animation set (Stand, Drink, pew, get crazy, talk of chicks, etc)?

I'm for complete scene if we could use IK chains. If only FK then animation set is better.

The other rule is this:

I think interactive IK (the one without solvers)[well it's impossible to detect if Interactive IK had been used] and link contraints could be allowed. However, I would like to hear everyone's opinion on the matter.

Well, if the theme is "complete scene of 1-2 minutes long of a guy being drunk?" then we should use IK. For Normal animations and animation sets we can use FK.
Don't forget that people will use your 3Ds max tools :/

I need atleast 7 volunteers to participate. Animation contests are well known for being void, I would like to know who are going to participate and if they will actually take their time.

I'm the first one.

Level 9
Thats why this contest is made for practice and fun :)
nah its not a nacropost (blinkboy said 4 weeks)

I count this as spam and reported.

sorry, it was my brother, he is pissed at me, and now I am pissed at him because u reported me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.