• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Wars

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
-Ancient Wars-
The great battle await you, Ancient.

Are you ready for this?

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

To do list

Credits

Bugs

Authors Notes

Ancient War is altered melee map for 2-4 players (best play FFA with no bots). You control powerful Ancient with powerful abilities, but you can't move your Ancient out of your base. So you have powerful defend and your enemies too.
FYFcmRY.jpg

ZrZAgZk.jpg

r4WkXJt.jpg

2017-08-29
-Fixed bugs
-Added Orb of Ancient
-Added tables
2017-08-31
-Bug fixes
-Colored some texts
-New Multiboard

-Fix bugs
-Music
-Custom Models
-Custom Spells
-Custom Icons
-Custom Loading screen
-Gameplay video
-Select from more Ancients
-Bigger map with more players
-New race (maybe)

Author: KoKCZ
Testers: KoKCZ
Big thanks for your ideas and suggetions. (TPE.YelloW and others)
Big thanks to Blizzard for making this AMAZING game with World Editor.
You can move your Ancient out of your "island" by using Portal Scroll or Mass teleport.
I hope you wil enjoy this map. If you have any sugestions ---> [email protected]
Contents

Ancient Wars 2.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A Goblin Shipyard in the northwest placed on the ground cannot train any ships for obvious reasons. The map's aesthetics aren't pleasant. Too much wide, empty and flat space. There is not much work put into this at all. Set to Substandard...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A Goblin Shipyard in the northwest placed on the ground cannot train any ships for obvious reasons.
The map's aesthetics aren't pleasant. Too much wide, empty and flat space.

There is not much work put into this at all.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make them count.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 5
Hello,
This map should be changed i suggest:
1) different tile set
2) remove the air blocker from midle
3) less hp to Ancients and let them move only around your base
4) try to add cliffs to make some strategic points
5) make propper map description ( muzes mi poslat v cestine a pomuzu ti ho prelozit)
6) why is there an footman down there at the bottom ?
So far i would rate it 2/5. Its interesting idea but you need improve in some points.

Level 5
New review,
I see you made a bigger update, i like the new style of the map, but you need to make some balance changes :/
i suggest
ANCIENT
1) Make him unit, not building the only style you can move with him is Attack move whitch make him stuck in some situations
2) When i went to the game i picked one normal bot vs me but there was ancients for players that wasnt even in game make some trigger or something that spawn accients if there are any players or make him stay at goldmine that would help against fast expansions
3) Teal player had 2 ancients
4) Make ancients chaos dmg but lower
5) make them faster movement speed but slower attack speed
6) After my ancient died, and yes im noob, he didnt respawn i think there needs to be added respawn time of ancients like 2 min or less
7) We all love critical strike, but the orc ancient have very fast att speed that makes him crit for 155 - 200 3 times every sec nerf plz
GAMEPLAY
1) Tavern is not at expansion set that means there are not all TFT heroes
2) Remove the fixed start locations
3) Add high priority to players next to each other and no priority to players across the map that makes the spawn points more normal
4) Try to add 2V2 mode
5) Add some shop
6) Lower amount of gold stashed in gold mine = lower th chances taht the game will last forever
DESRIPTION
I might sound like an annoying asshole, but you need to change your map description.
You might write there what is the things you do in map from start to end since its a custom map or other things...
Find some other custom maps on the site and copy their description .
I see you care of future of this map so i up my rating from 2/5 to 3/5 plus i give you cookie :)
Simply ... you made a melee map desription, you must do acustom map description :D

Last edited: