• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Sylvan V.2

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
So, her eis another ancient unit. This one is big bad m****** sylvan/ent. I wanted to make some giant siege unit/protector of the forest. Has even alternate stand, something like sleeping position, so you can I dont know...maybe make some pretty ancient groove with sleeping ents, who can be awaken by their queen, or whatever. Hope you like it. See you soon at the next model.

Your Sellenius von Hellman!

Updated as suggested :) attachments and collision sphere and also the bug with death and other stuff.
Previews
Contents

Ancient Sylvan (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
As said by JesusHipster: Awaiting an update then.
General Frank
Please add a proper portrait animation along with a team coloured back plane to the model. Also, there is an issues with the birth animation. Bird and scrub show up during it which I think is a mistake. Please fix those issues.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Still little time, but again I'll say a few words:

Love it. This guy is pretty schweet; lots of love went into crafting this guy, making him reasonably different from the in-game Ents and Treants and stuff. I particularly like his back; all those twisty trunks & tree bits. Also his tree-rib-cage & tree-crown-of-thorns; very cool!

I like how he has an interesting look while rooted; almost normal enough to stand in, but cool enough to stand out at the same time.

My complaints would be thus: while it's good you put some (leafy) texture in the mouth to contrast things, aside from that there's literally no 'face'; like, I can see it carved in the wood if I zoom in, but from a distance it's impossible to tell. For whatever reason, Blizzard made sure all there Ents/Treants had very defined, recognizable faces; heck, even the meaningless, mass-summonable Treants the KotG summon do! So lined up with them, this guy becomes even *more* faceless & character-less as a result, whether that was your intention or not. I'd say some face would do him good.

Alternatively, as a sort of weird 'campaign' unit you only see once, it's probably just fine. It just strikes me as quite different from the Blizzard ethos in this thing (not like I'm an Ancient expert or anything).

Still, a great model (& importantly, a great & fitting name! You always had a way with that). Keep on keepin' on!

Level 14
wow, this is so great! I have been searching for a skinnier, morphable treant like this one for my project. Thank you so much for sharing! this is a biased 5/5 for me. :D
no seriously, this model is awesome!

When it comes to this face thing, I think the complete opposite of what Kyrbi0 said. Despite he is probably the one, you should listen to instead of me, I actually like it, that they have no real face. It looks so much spokier than the usual treants.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Awww... : )

What I was saying, though (about the face) is, essentially, that I hope it was intention, because it looks quite different from the rest of the in-game AnciEnts. If the point was to make something that could slip in alongside all those, then that's not ideal (IMHO). If not, then more power to ya. : )

Level 34
Review: Needs Fix

I think you know how good and creative of a model it is, so i won't rant about it right now. But keep in mind that's it's an amazing work. Let's instead talk about the things that need to be improved Briefly: attachment points are fucked, death animation is.. Anticlimactic to say the least, you can click only around 20% of the model and portrait is rather meh. Attachment points and clickability are most important things here 'coz they practically make the model unusable in a good map.

13312.png

As said by JesusHipster:
Review: Needs Fix

I think you know how good and creative of a model it is, so i won't rant about it right now. But keep in mind that's it's an amazing work. Let's instead talk about the things that need to be improved Briefly: attachment points are fucked, death animation is.. Anticlimactic to say the least, you can click only around 20% of the model and portrait is rather meh. Attachment points and clickability are most important things here 'coz they practically make the model unusable in a good map.
Awaiting an update then.