• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Idea request] Sylvan/Wood Elven Food Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

I am nearly finished with my map. It's a simple custom race map but with some other things added that seperates it from an ordinary melee map.

The problem is that I have no idea what to use as the food-building for my Nature/Sylvan/Wood Elven race.

Anyone here has an idea of models to use?
Anyone already has a model on their computer that might fit into the wood elf race?

Level 6
Wood Elves aren't in WC3, but they are like Night Elves but with flesh skin tones.

I would say don't use food as such, have an "awakening" mechanism. Certain units (druids and spirits) provide awakening power (food), which lets you awaken more units.

Level 10
I would say don't use food as such, have an "awakening" mechanism. Certain units (druids and spirits) provide awakening power (food), which lets you awaken more units.

That sounds like an interesting thought. Any idea how to make that ingame?

Ps. I upload a picture here of some of the units and buildings of the race.
Note: The Chimera Roost with a tree upon it is just an idea of how a food building could look like. That model does not exist.

Attachments

• Elven Race Food.jpg
    Elven Race Food.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,384
Level 10
i could swear that I upload it...
but i didnt...

well, here go:
attachment.php

its can be used like a farm, or if do it greater like a one big building...
good luck. :thumbs_up:

Great idea! Damn, I wish I could make models cause I would so make that model!

Perhaps can this model be based on the Chimera Roost.
Anyone here has the time/energy to make it?

Last edited:
Level 16
sorry man, but i'm not a modeller. however, i think is possible to do it with triggers. i will try it and then i come back. see ya...

EDIT: sorry again. i tried to did it, but my triggers are really bugged. contact an experienced triggerer to do it. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.