• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WCB - Idea Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have started a project called WCB. It is a custom race melee map and most of the units and triggers are done. But now I need some ideas from you people!

Below is a picture of the Worker and the foodbuilding for the Sylvan race.
The workers gather resources.
The foodbuilding provides food.

I want to add something to those units! I want to give them a bigger purpose then just gather resources and providing food.

Look at the picture.

The first thing that pops up in your head, write it down here in the forum.

Don't block yourself.

Everything is welcome!

Have a look at the project here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/wcb-125572/#post1121323

Attachments

• Sylvan WorkerFood.JPG
    Sylvan WorkerFood.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 81
Level 13
Ok, I will give it a shot, but I suck at giving ideas.

Note that this is just brainstorming, I just did what you said and wrote the things that were first coming to my mind.

Ok, maybe you can give them ability to repair buildings, but in a "healing" way. Though that may be to much like a wisp...bah, this reminds me too much of night elves.

You can probably add them some kind of a camouflage ability too.

Also, you can make them glow at night, so they have increased line of sight?

Maybe they should be able to raise trees from the ground? So they can have lumber or something. Though that also goes with that "gathering resource" thing.

They should maybe be able to attack? As in throwing some nature energy bolts as missiles or something. Though it should probably be low damage.

Maybe to add them an ability to entangle an enemy. But it should maybe be a channeling ability. The weaker the level of the enemy unit is, the longer the entanglement will last. Also, the duration of entanglement can be increased if more workers are channeling on the same unit.

They should maybe be able to heal themselves, but just a little.

Also, maybe they should have some kind of a temporary "nature shield", which is basically pretty weak, but shields the workers a bit. That should probably take all the mana.

Level 15
Just a cool idea that came to my mind; Instead of to go gather lumber, the Worker summons (channeling) a treant/other nature thingy that goes and harvest trees for her :D

Could have some sort of "Stone Form" ability like Gargoyles, making them take less damage and immune to magic for a while, but can't move and looks like a.... tree :D

I will probably post some more later, but to be able I kind of need to know what kind of race it is? Woodland/druid (like night elfs) ? Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.