• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An idea, but I don't know if it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Say we all know that we can download files (from maps to models) from this site, registered or not, logged in or not. So I'm suggesting a small idea:

If you want to download a model, you can't do it since the link is in red. To download the model, you must (register+log in+)post in the thread to make the link back to green.

lock.gif
unlock.gif

The idea was from my dad's GrabIt-site where you need to post something in the thread to recieve the link for it.

If this gets implemented, I might recommend it to install it not in the older then 1 month models or we might we some postproblems.

So... is this a good or just a bad idea?

Last edited:
Level 34
What if there was an area that only select members could access. Similar to Medivh's Tower. You can apply to be able to dl from it. Then if the moderator and admins think you worthy, they can added to the list. Oh and everyone can see them, just not dl.

This would allow people like GF to post his good models, but not have random people using them. As well it would promote people to start posting well. So instead of spam, they should try and be helpful and whatnot.

TDB's idea is bad. Spam posts and spam registrations, as Ralle said. Gilles' idea is, in the contrary, good, but also rather elitist. Which is bad. I mean, if people are submitting their models, then I'm GUESSING they want them to be shared out to the community and not just 'selected' members. Otherwise they might as well be handing out models to specific people and getting spammed with PMs and then maybe spamming attachments back. I mean, the point of uploading a model IS for everyone to get it, isn't it?

Level 34
Elite resources for elite members.

I do see your point Belgarath. And to tell you the truth I don't really care about resources because I rarely use them. I tend to stay away from imports (except for terrain). Just a thought I had after reading TDB's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.