• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Um...I don't know about this but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Don't you think the models section is flooded with geo-merges?
Don't you think the skins section is full of recolors and such?
What about the art section...I see too many unrelated WC3 work.
And um, isn't there away we can filter out this junk?
It's becoming harder, and harder, to find useful Warcraft III resources in this site, and I think alot of them should be erased.
Ugh.

Level 16
Some of the geomerges are actually good. Some are crap because of the poor geomerging, resulting in a hero's head left there in the decay animation or something to that degree. If you look at about 2/5 of the geomerges, you will actually see that 2/5 ain't half-bad, but actually good. Geomerges don't really show much skill, but their usefulness (small size) and creative display make them interesting and great. Plus there isn't much point in making models from scratch if you could geomerge instead

Level 22
Since scratch modeling is either too expensive or too difficult for most of the average wc3 gamers, geomerges is the best way for a user to participate in modeling and still having their model look good. Like was Eusira said, a well-edited blizz model often looks bettere then scratch models, as well as retain the warcraft feel to them.

If you find a skin that is very low quality and think it should be removed, thats why users were given the delete request system in the skins section. Point bad skins out and they may be removed.

The Art moderator has been AFK for a while, so yes, its getting flooded with off-topic pics.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
Dark Destroyer said:
Don't you think the models section is flooded with geo-merges?
Don't you think the skins section is full of recolors and such?
What about the art section...I see too many unrelated WC3 work.
And um, isn't there away we can filter out this junk?
It's becoming harder, and harder, to find useful Warcraft III resources in this site, and I think alot of them should be erased.
Ugh.
Many of the geoset merges are actually good, like they said.

Recolors and cnps aren't that bad , some good artists are able to make good quality and looking stuff with cnp and recolor.

Anyways, this is a download area not an artist ego gallery, resources should be useful rather than a 'Look at my skill' claim.

And if we go into removing resources only because they were recolors or geomerges we would become an elitist site, and in my opinion we have many sites of that kind already.

I don't know about the art section, never look on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.