• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site idea!

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea for wc3sear.ch

When you link an icon to one of your models, then a thumbnail becomes vissible in the page where you can download the model, but what if also a link to the model from the icon, that way, newbies can find the models for the icons better and mods can purge the icon section better because they can immidiatly see if the icon is linked to a model in the models section.
the only problem is that probably only Darky can implement this idea.. :roll:

Level 17
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
model packs are easy. upload lotsa attached models with your main file.

Over the time I have made something like 40-60 doodads and destructibles. There's no way I'm going to upload them one by one like that. Not to mention the insane number of textures that the script will probably ask to upload, even if none of them use custom textures.

Level 7
The Idea was good: When you link an icon to one of your models, then a thumbnail becomes vissible in the page where you can download the model, but what if also a link to the model from the icon, that way, newbies can find the models for the icons better and mods can purge the icon section better because they can immidiatly see if the icon is linked to a model in the models section.

Level 22
you mean it isnt already like that?

I believe he means putting them in WITH the model when you download it, not simple uploading and assinging a seperate icon. That way, it frees up the assigned icon problem and allows the icon section to display specifically stand-alone icons and spares the users having to download assigned icons seperatly.
-VGsatomi

VGsatomi said:
you mean it isnt already like that?

I believe he means putting them in WITH the model when you download it, not simple uploading and assinging a seperate icon. That way, it frees up the assigned icon problem and allows the icon section to display specifically stand-alone icons and spares the users having to download assigned icons seperatly.
-VGsatomi
I assume you mean me when you say "I believe he means"

But my original idea wasn't modelpacks with icons included in them, but sort of assigning models to th icons, instead of just assigning icons to the models.

Level 9
yeah it would be a good idea saves you time for looking for a spiecific modle if your looking at icons to import

this would be a realy great idea
i thought since VG was an admin he could do the same things as darky

Status
Not open for further replies.