• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Daelin got control of the site didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm wondering because things from the model section, spells, skins, and icons sections, things have been deleted left and right

Daelin will probably delete anything that isn't a high elf :roll:

So what's with the purge all of a sudden? answer me that

I was told there wouldn't be another purge, well, you fooled me, you lying, cheating b*st*rds :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This will probably be deleted because the mods don't want people to know of this, so they can keep looking like the perfect person, well mods even if you delete this, you'll goof sometime, then the only way people won't tell anyone is if you ban them all

Jerks :evil:

Level 11
Nightmare said:

Huh? *starts laughing hard :lol:

Ok dude, I am not responsible for the skins, or models section. Purge would mean deleting a loooot of icons. Just because your icons were bad (a.k.a breaking the rules) and so, I had to remove them, doesn't mean that I started any purge. I think it's pretty logical that if an icon doesn't follow the current rules, I am supposed to remove it. If not, the rules would be useless and the icons section would be flooded with craps.

Oh and guys, don't get me wrong but you really have a very disorted image of mine. I am not OBSESSED with High Elves. I like them, but that doesn't mean that anything non-elvish will be deleted from the site.

So dude, no purging has been started.

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Nightmare said:

Huh? *starts laughing hard :lol:

Ok dude, I am not responsible for the skins, or models section. Purge would mean deleting a loooot of icons. Just because your icons were bad (a.k.a breaking the rules) and so, I had to remove them, doesn't mean that I started any purge. I think it's pretty logical that if an icon doesn't follow the current rules, I am supposed to remove it. If not, the rules would be useless and the icons section would be flooded with craps.

Oh and guys, don't get me wrong but you really have a very disorted image of mine. I am not OBSESSED with High Elves. I like them, but that doesn't mean that anything non-elvish will be deleted from the site.

So dude, no purging has been started.

~Daelin

I never put up any icons

No purging has begun?

explain the 100+ models suddenly missing from models section

Daelin said:
I think it's pretty logical that if an icon doesn't follow the current rules, I am supposed to remove it. If not, the rules would be useless and the icons section would be flooded with craps.
~Daelin
not just icons, there is a lot of crap that breaks rules, but mostly icons and maps.
If I remember right it's against the rules to upload a map without any name or author name.

Level 11
Nightmare said:

You know Nightmare, you are being so unfair towards me. I am not even a models moderator and you start accusing me of things I couldn't even possibly do. How am I supposed to know such a thing? I can't possibly delete any models if I don't have any moderation control there. You want an answer? Ask Mecheon and DDNGW, not me.

And btw guys, why do you keep finding mods bad guys, just because they are trying to keep the site clean? Would you prefere it full with stupid and useless resources rather than less but better, so that you can actually use something in your map? Hmm? And stop asking us to give you explanations. I swear I'll stop explaining my actions just because someone asks me. I've done nothing to be judged like this! :evil:

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Nightmare said:

You know Nightmare, you are being so unfair towards me. I am not even a models moderator and you start accusing me of things I couldn't even possibly do. How am I supposed to know such a thing? I can't possibly delete any models if I don't have any moderation control there. You want an answer? Ask Mecheon and DDNGW, not me.

And btw guys, why do you keep finding mods bad guys, just because they are trying to keep the site clean? Would you prefere it full with stupid and useless resources rather than less but better, so that you can actually use something in your map? Hmm? And stop asking us to give you explanations. I swear I'll stop explaining my actions just because someone asks me. I've done nothing to be judged like this! :evil:

~Daelin

I never said you deleted the models, you're a mod, so you're involved with the mass purge going on, I just want an explaination

plus we all think mods are bad guys because in every forum I go to, the mods are ALWAYS drunk with power

how do I know you guys aren't any different?

Level 25
Nightmare, seriously, WHAT deleted materials?

I don't see ANYTHING missing from the models section at all. We haven't even STARTED that mass purge yet, and trust me: When it happans, you'll know about it

And how do you know we're different? Well, we allow people to speak against us, don't we? We don't ban those who have opinions different from our own, do we?

Level 11
You want to see me drunk for power? I'll give you such an example right now.

Warning: this is pure demonstrative behaviour and should be taken accordingly!

How dare you, you son of a bitch, question my moderation powers? I am a mod, you are nothing. I do what I want with the resources I moderate, I can delete them whenever I want, with no particular reason, because I am a god on this site! Next time you make such complaints you fucking shit I am getting your ass banned off this site! So shut the fuck up!

Ahem... Sorries about the flaming. Just making myself clear! Anyways, it wasn't the best example, since it was artificial. Original would appear when I am really angry. Hehe... Let's see.

Well, we are not abusing our powers because we care about your opinion. Abuse mods do not know the fact that a community is made out of users, and if only they exist on the site, then they have nothing to moderate, and so, their mod status means NOTHING!

We are cooperating with you, answering your questions instead of ignoring you, and explaining you how things work. How do you know we are any different? Well, you don't. ;) But you should study us, and see how we behave, before jumping to accusations. I was chsoen as a mod because of the activity I had (and again, I apologize for being so inactive, I have my own website I take care of right now, and I have real life problems... I hope things will change this summer, since I will try to be more active)

And this is not just any forum... It's one of the biggest warcraft 3 modding forum. ;)And I am involved strictly in my section. I never got involved in any other... I may bring suggestions, but we mods usually don't discuss the resources we delete from other sections. Why? Because we have enough in our hands to take care of some other mods' job. ;)

~Daelin

Level 7
Mecheon said:

We haven't even STARTED that mass purge yet, and trust me: When it happans, you'll know about it

-------------

A-HA! So you are going to go on a terrifying purge leaving the sections to a shadow of it's former self

Looks like VG was wrong when he said that the site would never move onto a "If it's lower than Olof's work, then burn it" level

Level 7
Deathbringer said:
*Vote Daelin! For tyrannical dictator!*

For someone who hasn't contributed any resources.. do you have a right to be complaining because stuff is getting deleted?

I put up a map but it won't show in my postings

the map is called "World of Paradise" it's a melee WC3 map

Level 25
Nightmare said:
A-HA! So you are going to go on a terrifying purge leaving the sections to a shadow of it's former self

Looks like VG was wrong when he said that the site would never move onto a "If it's lower than Olof's work, then burn it" level

Yeah, we're going on a purge

Not THAT bad, but not letting any "LOLOLOL I ATTATCHED SWORD TO ARTHAS LOLZ AND I SCREWD HIS UNWRAP =D" stuff there regardless

Level 11
Nightmare said:

Just curious... What Author Name did you give the map? If it doesn't perfectly match your username (a.k.a Nightmare) then I doubt it will appear (can't remember how this system worked on maps, cuz on spells it appears but is linked wrongly). Or... did you receive a message that your map was deleted? If so, then it broke the rules and was probably deleted. But that is not a reason to accuse us that a purge has started. Speak to a maps moderator about this problem (a.k.a Rui or VGSatomi).

Oh, and another solution is to go to Add/Update Resources, go to maps, and if your map shows there, then yes, it exists. If not, it was probably deleted by a mod, and you received the warning PM, or it simply was never uploaded.

~Daelin

Level 7
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
Alright you paranoid nihilistic tardface, we have NOT gone on any medieval resource deletion crusade and do not plan to in the near future. I haven't deleted anything in about four days. Sounds to me like you are just angry that someone deleted your resource.

No my resource is still there, go to maps section and type in "paradise" as the key word

the map's name is World of Paradise

and as for your insult 8) looks like you're just a mod-troll 8)

How dare you, you son of a *****, question my moderation powers? I am a mod, you are nothing. I do what I want with the resources I moderate, I can delete them whenever I want, with no particular reason, because I am a god on this site! Next time you make such complaints you **** **** I am getting your ass banned off this site! So shut the **** up!

Hehe.. i thought you were quoting mecheon for a minute there =D

I'm just kidding mech.. no need to get out the.. uh oh.. [Banhammer]...

*clicks link*
Banhammer
Binds when picked up
Unique
Weapon Two-Handed Mace
10000-15000 Damage Speed 0.5
(25000 Damage per second)
+100 Strength
+100 Agility
+100 Stamina
+100 Intellect
+100 Spirit
+1000 All Resists
Durability 10000/10000
Requires Level: Moderator

Chance on hit: Delete a Post
Use: Bans all who oppose your authority!
Equip: Deal 100000 more damage against newbs

*You wish you had this, because then you'd be a moderator!*

Level 11
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
Alright you paranoid nihilistic tardface, we have NOT gone on any medieval resource deletion crusade and do not plan to in the near future. I haven't deleted anything in about four days. Sounds to me like you are just angry that someone deleted your resource.

Let me handle this paranoic noob please. Otherwise he will have the feeling that we are all against him. Though you are right here...

Nightmare said:
No my resource is still there, go to maps section and type in "paradise" as the key word.
the map's name is World of Paradise

So, why are you complaining then? No particular reason, eh? Just too proud to say a "sorries for making false accusations, I was wrong and next time I will be more careful"... I hate members like you who think they are perfect and that they know everything. I am getting tired of this discussion... Someone please close the thread. Apparently the problem was solved. Nothing was deleted! Just a false alarm from someone paranoic that I am leading this site to destruction.

~Daelin

Daelin said:
Nightmare said:

Just curious... What Author Name did you give the map? If it doesn't perfectly match your username (a.k.a Nightmare) then I doubt it will appear (can't remember how this system worked on maps, cuz on spells it appears but is linked wrongly). Or... did you receive a message that your map was deleted? If so, then it broke the rules and was probably deleted. But that is not a reason to accuse us that a purge has started. Speak to a maps moderator about this problem (a.k.a Rui or VGSatomi).

Oh, and another solution is to go to Add/Update Resources, go to maps, and if your map shows there, then yes, it exists. If not, it was probably deleted by a mod, and you received the warning PM, or it simply was never uploaded.

~Daelin
To my knowledge EVERY map you upload is displayed Here <<<<, next to your posts, if it's not then you haven't uploaded it, even if the author name is spelled different.

Edit:
I was wrong, here is the link to the map he uploaded
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=8855&sid=fc68c44a8772e6db3bf7ddf4c711b9b2
Though it says the author of the map is Zeraphix

Level 13
Daelin is right. We didn't plan any purge, so no further discussion is needed. Nope, Nightmare, I'm not trying to "silence" you. It's just that your're talking complete bull... you know what I mean. None of the mods is abusing his power in any way, else they would get into trouble, especially on this site.

Locked & gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.