• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Section Issues/Suggestions/Ect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Something that really has been grinding my gears latley is with the new model section. I know people probably don't feel like going through the model section and making sure they're in the right place, but I start to wonder when I could probably type Dwarf in the search engine and get more results that checking out the dwarf section. That and will the model section ever get the old link on the pages that shows you the designated icon for the model? Or is it just going to be guess and check to see if the model has an icon or if you have to find something else to use for an icon. I find the anime section a disgrace since we have links to every anime model on the forums and yet I'm saying a bunch of random crap listed. Even I would be willing to spend days just reorganzing a section, though of course I'm a gold person and most things I do are organized >.> And for another example so it doesn't seem I'm just ranting on anime and dwarf stuff. Pandaren I can name right off the top of my head that you won't find the Pandaren War Dancer in they Pandaren section.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
We have mini-moderators. They organize and give keywords to all resources in all sections.
Pyritie has recently reached his 1200th model but others are helping aswell.

When searching for dwarf you may only find models with dwarf in name, description or keywords. The category dwarf, is something different.

Level 6
Mentioning that when searching Dwarf I will find other Dwarf units that the category doesn't even have. Like the dwarf axe thrower.
Edit:
I decided to compare the 2 and see what models come up. Both had around the same number of results. Searching dwarf got me like 1 non dwarf unit and that unit was the Dwarf Spider Bot from Starwars. While looking at the dwarf section throw in 3 gnomish units, some structure called a garage that looks roman or something. And the tower shield from the junk pile doodad. So what is the category dwarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.