• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Alternative Sound Design

Level 19
Difficulty:
I I I I I I I I I I
Description: -Well, let's see... why did I make it 6/10? Because some people are clumsy, and for them this might be very difficult.
Type: Miscellaneous

...Alternative Sound Design...

Requires: A balloon and a sense of humor.

Step 1: -Now this does require a balloon, and this might be the hardest part for somebody. I suggest trying this after a birthday party, because then your supply will be a plenty. In the first step, you will need to buy a helium-filled balloon , this might be difficult for some of you. If you cannot buy one, get a relative, friend, or neighbor to buy one for you. Once you get your helium-filled balloon, don't tie the bottom of the balloon, keep it clamped with your thumb and your ring finger (left hand).
Alternative: - Don't clamp it with your fingers, instead, tie it at the bottom... read the alternative for step two to follow, and then follow the non-alternative Step 3.

Step 2: -Okay, I hope you're doing this quickly, and not letting too much air out of the balloon. For this, you will need to actually unclamp the balloon, and then stick the end of the (hopefully clean) balloon in your mouth, and inhale all of the helium in the balloon. Don't breath into the balloon, suck all of the helium out of the balloon.
Alternative: - Cut a small hole in the bottom of the balloon, and then put your mouth on the small hole, and inhale all of the helium.

Step 3: - Now, this is the hardest part, I hope you have the sound recorder open right now! You have about 30 seconds to record your new, silly high-voice for any silly goblin units, silly humans, little kids, annoying accountants, anything you can think of!
Alternative: - Just talk with your funny voice - don't even record it, have as much fun as you can laughing at your own voice!

This probably didn't help anybody, but it probably gave you an idea of what you can do without using any fancy filters with your recorded sounds.