• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing player name (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Am trying to make the name of a player to disappear when hovering over with mouse. Instead of saying (Player 1) when you hover over the unit I want the whole pop-up balloon to just not appear.

Any way I can go about doing this?

Level 13
I don't think you can do it for a single player only.

I believe you might be thinking of this:

• Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)

Level 13
Add locust ability 'Aloc' to all NPC units, remove it, then hide and show them again. The downside is that your cursor won't glow red/yellow when you hover over those units, but you'll still see their HP bar and selection circle.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the only way to select them is by dragging and releasing LMB; Only left-clicking those units won't select them, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Level 8
There is another way that does it exactly how I want it, I know cause I did it before ! :)

Anw I will squeeze my brain till I remember.

Level 13
Perhaps using the Neutral Passive player might help you out with it as you'll only apply that effect upon NPC units. It doesn't show object info for its units, unless you flag them as building and neutral (classification) in the object editor. However, that will only display the unit name.

NOTE: I'm not really sure if they (neutral player units) must be flagged as building in order to accomplish such effect mentioned above though.

Level 8
I did it. I really don't know how, I was messing with everything in editor and script and I thought i failed, but when i tested the next day it was done. oh well...

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Share it?
This topic is coming up to 4 years of age. The person has not been on for roughly 5 months so it may take them a while to respond.

Player limit is now much higher than mentioned in my previous post. Inserting control characters into player name may or may not still work due to changes with how player names and text in general is handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.