• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hide player name on hover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, so I've been trying to change the player name to hide the real player names using SetPlayerName. It works in the chat etc, but when you hover over a unit it still shows the original player name. It does however work for the editor client on LAN, but not on the bnet client.

I've tried removing pre-selection but it removes health bars and selection circles as well so that's not desirable.

Is it possible to fix this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am not sure if this is possible anymore. Reforged changed the way player names are handled to be consistent with other Blizzard games like StarCraft II and in the process they seem to have broken/changed that aspect.

If you are not using half the player slots a work around would be to use full shared unit control of a dummy computer player which owns the units. The player then plays using this dummy player rather than their own player. When other players hover over the units they will only see the name of the dummy computer player and not the human player than is controlling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.