• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Altar of Kings and Derivarives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Altar of Kings and Derivarives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Altar of Kings (Optimized) Info:

• Fixed the texture wrapping a lot. Animated the waters.

• Uploaded.

Altar of Elders (Elf) Info:
  • Created an Elven version of the Altar of Kings.

• Uploaded.

• Fixed some of the texture wrapping.
  • Changed the statue.

Altar of Harvest (Westfall) Info:
  • Created a farmer version of the Altar of Kings.

• Uploaded.

Altar of Kings (Gilneas) Info:
  • Created an Altar of Kings for Gilneas.

• Uploaded.

• Changed the statue.

Altar of Kings (Ironforge) Info:
  • Created a Dwarven version of the Altar of Kings.

• Uploaded.

Altar of Kings (Stormwind) Info:

• Uploaded.

Altar of Kings (Wintergarde) Info:
  • Created a snowy version of the Altar of Kings.

• Uploaded.

Altar of Elders (Dalaran) Info:
  • Created an Altar for Dalaran.

• Uploaded.

• Redid some of the meshes.

Keywords:
Alliance, Worgen

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Contents

Altar of Elders (Dalaran) (Model)

Altar of Elders (Elf) (Model)

Altar of Elders (Elf) Button (Icon)

Altar of Harvest (Westfall) (Model)

Altar of Kings (Gilneas) (Model)

Altar of Kings (Gilneas) Button (Icon)

Altar of Kings (Ironforge) (Model)

Altar of Kings (Northrend) Button (Icon)

Altar of Kings (Optimized) (Model)

Altar of Kings (Stormwind) (Model)

Altar of Kings (Wintergarde) (Model)

Altar of Kings (Wintergarde) Button (Icon)

Reviews
Misha 30th Apr 2013 Moderator's Review: looks nice and works well, good job :smile:
Misha 4th Jun 2013 Moderator's Review: it kinda looks too simple, too human-ish, maybe you could add a bit more highborne-like details. and that 'aura' in front of the stature could be moved to 'statue's chest', so to say nope, it is...
16:47, 13th Jun 2013 enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.
08:34, 24th Sep 2013 enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.
16:06, 10th Feb 2014 Sin'dorei300: Corresponding resource approved.
Level 8
Wow, you finished a lot of northrend building!!! A great new :)
I will waiting about Northrend Town Hall. I think it's the hardest model.

Level 2
Good job for this,and the WOTLK in wow were the epics of time the cataclysm screwed things up and mop just was a + to the blizzards fail,i mean where did the ideas go?
the whole story was based on Arthas and shoud have stayed that way...
im dissapointed in blizzard so much it pains me in hearth to watch stupid pandras or dogs running araound and jumping thinking its awasome but its patetic,all have begun with arthas and all shoud have ended with arthas,or made an alternative expansion idk...

Level 18
They gave too much protagonism to arthas, i mean each warcraft had a character, arthas should have died at the start of wow just like all other great characters did, they gave him too much protagonism and now are paying for it.

also making warcraft an mmo... really? at least stop from making an UNDEAD playable race, that just proves you will never will be able to eradicate undead, cuse butthurt players crying about their chars gone.

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
4th Jun 2013
Moderator's Review: it kinda looks too simple, too human-ish, maybe you could add a bit more highborne-like details. and that 'aura' in front of the stature could be moved to 'statue's chest', so to say

nope, it is still too human-ish, mainly because those big slabs on top of columns.. wouldn't it be better if the building had two arches instead? much more nightelf-ish and highborne-ish. and could you recheck geoset anims of vines..?

17:22, 11th Jun 2013
Deolrin: I honestly much preferred the "human-like" pillars and slabs. The archways look too small and far too detailed and high-poly. Additionally, there is very little teamcolor left on the model as a result.
However, since Misha doesn't like the idea of adding back the human pillars, what I suggest you do is add 2-4 pillars from the plethora of Sunken Ruins doodads, and retexture them to use the Naga Coral Bed texture(which has teamcolor).
Another thing I suggest you to change is to replace the human braziers with some Sunken Ruins brazier doodads. Just resize them and position them so that the fire particles work well. Hell, you could even recolor the fire to blue or cyan, like an arcane fire - that would fit better with the Highborne theme.
Finally, I think you should remove the square pedestal on which Azshara stands, and replace it with a round pedestal - for example, the one featured in the Naga Altar of Depths.

19:41, 12th Jun 2013
Deolrin: Not exactly the changes I meant when I talked about pillars and braziers, but I'd say it's good enough. If you feel like it, you really should come back to this model at a later date and work on it some more. It's a little bit lacking compared to your other models. Otherwise, good job. Approved. :)

[Collective Staff Decision]
This model has potential, it should be reworked to be more naga-esque and more original though.

Level 8
Nice idea.
But what's different Highborne buildings you made and Naga buildings?
:| Sr about I think you made... like a naga building :)

Level 9
I think the statue of Azshara might look better if it was a bit bigger, as in reaching a tiny bit above the sidepillars.
It's your call though, the model looks nice as it is. :)

Level 11
Looks too much like a Naga building to me (ie seaweed, naga-style bricks). The High Elves in Ashenvale and Quel'Thalas had very similar architectural designs

M

16:47, 13th Jun 2013
enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.

M

08:34, 24th Sep 2013
enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.

M

16:06, 10th Feb 2014
Sin'dorei300: Corresponding resource approved.

Level 24
It looks great, it looks a lot more gilnean when it's not the property of player 1 (red). :)