• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
[Solved] Alliances.

So, SC2 has a simple and basic Alliance system via Start Locations, I set it so that it basically says there are two teams, and they're allied with shared vision.

But ingame.. nothing happens :bored:

alliance.jpg

Last edited:
Level 18
Copy and paste was one of the first commands that Gates ever created when designing his operating system. He used it to easily transfer code around his database. Learn from the masters.

:hohum:You think I didn't use that? You have to create the first 14 yourself, then copy it 13 times and change the values for each line repeadetly.

Takes a long time and you simply can't just CnP the entire thing.

For the 3rd time, I got the problem solved. STOP. REPLYING.

:hohum:You think I didn't use that? You have to create the first 14 yourself, then copy it 13 times and change the values for each line repeadetly.

Takes a long time and you simply can't just CnP the entire thing.

Wrong?

I started this with 1 single action function.

Granted it's more of a grind than anything else, it still can (and needs) to be done.

Triggers-1.png

Level 1
You do realise it only takes 6~ lines of code with two "For Each Integer" loops nested in eachother, right?

Level 12
It doesn't matter, easiest, quickest, most efficient way is by game variants.

Not true, if you set FFA in game variants, it will screw up entire lobby (each player in separate team - like 2 pages long player list). If you are making FFA mode, you should put all players in a single team and set alliance through trigger.

And btw., the correct function is:
  • Player - Make all players in (All players) treat each other as Enemy
EDIT: Well seems that original post was about 2 team, so yes, in that case you really should use game variants (although I use trigger-based teams in my map, where I use it to place players in teams based on their experience, so the teams would be balanced)

Level 18
Not true, if you set FFA in game variants, it will screw up entire lobby (each player in separate team - like 2 pages long player list). If you are making FFA mode, you should put all players in a single team and set alliance through trigger.

And btw., the correct function is:
  • Player - Make all players in (All players) treat each other as Enemy
EDIT: Well seems that original post was about 2 team, so yes, in that case you really should use game variants (although I use trigger-based teams in my map, where I use it to place players in teams based on their experience, so the teams would be balanced)

Dont enemies treat eachother as enemies in the first place.?

Status
Not open for further replies.