• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Civilizations Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

this is (another) realtime city based civilization map

what features/mechanics does this map offer?

General
  • Game update/income is 15 seconds
  • map is based on pangea supercontinent (made in pre-reforged 1.29.2)

Economy/Population
  • custom resources based on 2 layer economy, resources have to be mined and converted to usable ones to be used
  • semi-realistic population, your empire has total sum of population composed from your cities (starting and thousand and eventually growing to millions and more...)
  • Population is composed of workers/manpower, economy can only support as much based on population
  • Manpower is needed for producing and healing/reinforces along with custom resources for units
  • food is part of game as resource, population can starve
  • mobilization laws are present to choose how much population is manpower/workers with adv/disadv.

Allies/Relations/Alliance system
  • player can declare war/be neutral - ally but no vision/ or ally with vision/
  • players can create alliances which can have relations same as above with other alliances
  • alliances have internal functions which allows internal conflict/wars and attack on one is on everyone...

Import/Export
  • players can export/import or both at once with resources to other players
  • happens every income/game update
  • setup with commands

Other
  • always 2 unit sizes are ingame in case player lacks manpower at beginning, (bigger is better)
  • currently possible to play as plague/zombie/undead - but thats a uncompleted secret
  • multiboard to help player make decisions
  • many commands to help player make decisions
  • other

I have been developing this map pre-reforged year+ ago in version 1.29.2, i have converted it to work with newest version recently
Since i have not been working with the map for a considerable amount of time im unsure if i will continue developing it, but i ll at least put it here
uploaded two files, one with unlitimed resources for testing and second one is normal for playing

map is unprotected and can be run ingame and in vanilla editor
i'm fine with anyone using map terrain or code if they wish so freely
made in vjass

Attachments

• scr1.png
    scr1.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
  • scr2.png
    scr2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • civ09prototype12.w3x
    3.5 MB · Views: 18