• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

All Random Game Mode?

Should there be an [color="LightBlue"]All Random[/COLOR] mode in AtD?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ooh... well, quite a hard question...
i don't think its a bad idea, but not many players know well how to play with each hero. u should know best, that the strategy/tactic/gameplay differs between some of them.
i would apply it when about 60% of the players ingame vote for it, but then that need some time to be done ingame (about 20sec delay with voting).
so atm i would more likely say no, maybe icluding later.

Level 4
yes thats how i would like it, because there always are some players who will leave when this kind of mode get chosen by the host, without telling the players so (before game start). or maybe the last 2 players who joined the game won't know it, till its too late. anyway, if only the host decide all, there could be some leavers at the beginning...

also, u would use a "get host" script, or not? if not, who would be set as host? red? death knight? well, hard to choose without script, cause then, the host will need to pic exactly this position, even if he doesn't want to play on the team.

but maybe adding some kind of ingame command for picking up a random hero. if u type in "-random" then u will get a random hero 10 seconds after game start. as some kind of bonus you could get +10% exp gaining, +10G per intervall or something like that. then everyone except death knight would be able to choose without limiting the other players. on the other side, perhaps for each random hero, the death knight could get +1% exp gain and +3% on all 3 attributes, or something like that. just a suggestion.

anyway, as told before, yeah a vote for all would be fine in my opinion. ;-)

Level 18
I see where you're going with that Saiyuki and it is pretty smart, but most people would probably host something like "Against the Darkness -AR" to let those know that it would be an all random game. I already have a GetHost script and have had one since 2.0. Hmmmm.... wouldn't the same amount of people leave if they voted in game and didn't get the game type they wanted?

Level 4
maybe, yes, but then, they would have got a chance to choose the mode. u could give the host about 3 points for his mode, so there would have to be 4 or more players to choose against the choosen mode from the host.

yay, let us all get in some kind of dota naming... -.-" (dont rlly like this stuff *g*)

anyway, i can agree with just host to decide (didn't know this script was already in ^^) but a vote for only one option? (u could say its a bit lame.. xD)

but i still stand for no.. ^^

btw, many posters online... hehe^^

Level 18
already in ^^) but a vote for only one option? (u could say its a bit lame.. xD)[/i]

Well I was going to get to that after I figured out if this vote would be successful. If this is decided on, then I would create 4 types of gameplay;

Players Choose Heroes
All Random Heroes
Player Chooses + Minions after Death
All Random + Minions after Death

But generally those who follow Against the Darkness do not like the idea of turning fallen Heroes into the Death Knight's minions for it is something that really distinguishes it from other games in its category, so perhaps a vote for just 2 modes would suffice. I don't believe that the number of modes makes the whole game mode idea void. I actually think minimal game modes is better than tons of game modes like in DoTA.

Level 18
No,there are not much heroes out there and it would be better to keep it like this.Ar would make it be less great,I think...

Why Uchiha? It would still be the exact same game and you could still play with Players Choose Heroes mode, but there would be the option to play with All Random Heroes mode.

Last edited:
Level 4
well, i just dont think players will need this "feature". moreover i wanted to get away from dota ... well... xD
i just dont get the feeling it would fit in AtD... but rlly... thats nothing new in here... -.-"

Level 9
Any -Ar is an essential in most Hero orientated maps...

So I voted yes.

But I see its already in...

Level 4
well... just a little matter... but why do u ask in here for opinions about implementing this kind of mode, when u already had in mind to implement it, whatever the vote or the posts here would say...
well thats the first time i rlly feel mad at u... -.-"

Level 18
well... just a little matter... but why do u ask in here for opinions about implementing this kind of mode, when u already had in mind to implement it, whatever the vote or the posts here would say...
well thats the first time i rlly feel mad at u... -.-"

I had in mind to implement it, but I wanted to know what people thought about doing so. As I said above, if the votes for "No" were overwhelming then I would not have added it, but the votes "No" were half and half not counting my vote, and considering that All Random Game vs Players Choose Heroes mode is a half and half choice anyways, it satisfies the amount of support to add All Random Mode to AtD.

I would not have put it in if hardly anyone said yes. Have you played it yet with All Random Mode in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.