• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Key to Success: AtD needs your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Against the Darkness needs your help!

Over the past few months since its release, Against the Darkness has enjoyed a wonderful success here at The Hive Workshop. The map has hit over 2,100 downloads on The Hive alone, and over 4,000 globally with other mapping websites included. It has been a pleasure to continue to update and release new versions of AtD, and to hear the positive and constructive feedback that the map has, and still, continues to receive.

It all sounds great, but there is a problem under all of the golden glitz of it's statistical success: Against the Darkness is not being hosted as often as it should be on battle.net! This is where you come in. I am trying to find dedicated users that enjoy, and/or who can also host (or know people that can), Against the Darkness to help the map gain exposure within the Warcraft III gaming community. I want this map to be hosted the way other major WC3 maps are hosted, where you can almost always find a game to join.

To do this, there is only so much I can do (especially considering that I cannot host on b.net), which is why I would love to have some help from anyone who can lend a hand. If you are interested in helping, there are a few things you can do;

1.) Put a link in your signature that links people to Against the Darkness, either the map or the forum. (e.g. Against the Darkness: Version 2.66c or Bored of the same old maps? Try something new, play Against the Darkness!)

2.) Host the latest version of Against the Darkness once or twice a week when you are on battle.net. You can download the map here.

3.) When in the chatroom, post a link to the AtD forums along with a message like this: Check out The Hive's hosted project Against the Darkness here: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=343

4.) Be creative! Come up with your own way of helping this project gain exposure and become a success. The success of Against the Darkness is up to you.

Reputation Deal: If I see that anybody has decided to help me in helping Against the Darkness gain speed in the Warcraft III gaming community, I will give them reputation.

Hopefully soon we will begin to see a rise in the amount of Against the Darkness games that are being hosted on battle.net, and I hope that I can attribute this to you.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hmmm,
amazing what people will do for a little Rep...

Just kidding, Im sure most people put a link in their sig because like me, they too love this brilliant map!

Keep up the good work!

Level 4
been a while since i last came in here, well, 1 out of 8 games i host is AtD, but most of the time it's not that popular... (>> leavers... *hrhr*)
but still, i'm gonna host it, when i got online (bnet) again. ;-)

Level 9
You surely changed some settings or changed your internet box.

Hey you know the map Symbiote ?
It's being hosted (tell me if this sentence is wrong plz, i'm french) every day non stop by one or two bots. I found this game cool and i played it 10 times.

You should do alike (is it a right sentence too ? :p) / the same thing and your map would be very known ! And more you got a forum ON HIVEWORKSHOP so it's COOL

Level 3
well i wasnt able to host be4 but now all i did was port forward and then i could host! try portforwarding
btw great map !

Level 4
Ehh,best way to play AtD is with friends,gather up some and host,hosting in garena is
preety much fail,in bnet it fail as well cuz people refuse to use 0.01% of their brain and either leave when dled/leave cuz they are clueless,only few people realize what's going on and try to learn how to play, no offense to any bnet players but it seriously turned to a plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.