• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Airfield (and aircraft!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making a Command & Conquer map based on the first game relesed by Westwood (Tiberium Dawn). I have found many useful models on WC3search (like the Mammoth Tank model by Illidan(evil)X), but there are still several units in my nearly completed map that have been left with unsuitable WC3 models. Two specific requests that I have are for a model of an Airfield for the Nod Airstrip and a model for the GDI Orca VTOL attack aircraft. Here are pictures of these two as they appear in the game, respectively:
afldicnh.gif
screen5.jpg

orcaicnh.gif
orca.gif

If you have a model or want to create a model that matches these images, please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
EDIT: Thanks for the Airstrip model and the Orca model, Illidan!

Last edited:
Level 6
It'll be both single and multiplayer, Speed. Well, kinda. The map isn't a mission-based campaign. It's more like a skirmish map. The version I am currently working on has two predetermined teams of three, one Nod, one GDI. However, I plan to make more maps that are FFA, with side-selection at map initialization. Anyways, the reaon I said that this is both single and multiplayer is because there is an AI in the map. It isn't very good, but it is useful for practice and, in my case, to test game mechanics.

Here ya go
Remember to credit me :wink:

About the Red Alert "skirmish" Map, It was extremely laggy and slow, so I had to re-create the entire system from scratch.
It's now fully playable over b.net and lan, and I just need to fix a few more bugs before releasing it..

EDIT: Oh, and the texture paths are Textures\

Attachments

• Command&Conquer.zip
    134.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Level 6
The APC and Artillery look great!
Thanks again, man!
(P.S.: That RA project or yours is pretty awesome)

Here's a list of models that the map needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Communications Center
hqicnh.gif

-Temple of Nod
Temple.GIF

-Advanced Communications Center
AdvComm.GIF

-MCV
MCV.GIF

-Chem. Warrior*
ChemWarrior.GIF

*= Has an acceptable model, but it's too frickin' massive

Last edited:
Level 6
One other unit model/skin is desperately needed: the Construction Yard. Here is an ingame picture of one (it's the structure with the attack cursor on it). This building takes precedence since it's the most important structure in the game.

desert03.gif

EDIT: Thanks Illidan(Evil)X for making a great model!

Last edited:
How will you make the skin? Some of your c&c (ra) models have textures from a blp which is basically screenshot from the game lol. You will use that gdistructures.blp?

I'm creating a new texture for this model.

Illidan(Evil)X = Master Model maker! :thumbs_up:

Preview:

Attachments

• c&cConYard.jpg
    c&cConYard.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 118
Level 6
Actually, this is a map based off of C&C Gold (aka Tiberian Dawn). I chose to make it based off that game for two reasons: a) it was the first Command & Conquer, and b) it's units resemble modern military forces much more closely than any other C&C (except for maybe Generals, but that game didn't really have the same interface as other C&C games).

Level 12
Crap nice illidan, any time we can expect that for public release? Im gonna go play with all your other models..... and maybe you should make a harvestor. C&C dawn had cool harvestors, and zt, meatwagons dont work as harvestors, sry. Any other C&C models you didnt release or I missed?

Level 6
C&C dawn had cool harvestors, and zt, meatwagons dont work as harvestors, sry.
Tell me about it...
Hopefully I'll find just a few more models. This map is basically complete, with only a couple elements that are not completely finished. That list on the previous page will be updated on a regular basis.

Level 7
i don't want to play it until its finished playing an unfinished map always lets you down....Plus not having a harvestor is jsut crud cause harvestors are extremley important.

Always loved C&C hope this will be cool map.

Level 6
Well, there IS a harvester, but it has a meat wagon as the model :angry:
IF I had a good model for the harvester, that would be great. For now I have to settle with Wc3 models on many units and structures. The map will be complete once I implement the last few options/elements and perform one final sweep for acceptable unit models.

Level 7
Hes got a point i'd rather have a model that doesn't look like harvester then a meat wagon :eek:.I mean lord meat wagons just eh!

Level 6
Work Nearly Finished

This map's development is coming to an end.
It is just about finihsed. There are three things remaining:
1) 30% of units and structures need models
2) An effective tiberium poisoning trigger
3) A better tiberium refining process (closer to the original one)

I'm currently making a last sweep for models that will last a week or two. If ANYONE has ANY idea or model that could possibly, help, please post a link! The list earlier in this thread will be updated regularily. You will recieve credit for any contribution!

Status
Not open for further replies.