• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Ship Wars

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an Air Ship Wars map that i have been making. It is a map that is based on large airship battles as well as large ground engagements over a strongly changed and diverse terrain.

V 0.01 Added Airships, Changed income system to gold mines and harvested lumber, Added plain and tundra terrains in the east and south.

V 0.02 Improved Airships, added map description and my name to map credits, balanced hp and attack of ground units (the peasants could own an army of musketeers), improved terrain.

V 0.03 Further Improved Airships and Terrain, fixed loading glitch.

V 0.04 Further improved terrain, added a desert in the middle of the map, added more forested sections.

V 0.05 Fixed balancing issues with towers, musketeers, and Anti Air Towers.

V 0.06 Increased the damage of the Air Ships in Air to Air combat, and made land damage nearly identical but with a slower attack speed, further changes to terrain made.

V 0.07 Made it so that Air Ships could attack ground units, increased cargo hold for the Air Ships, further improved on terrain.

V 0.08 Improved terrain, increased Musketeer and Siege Flamer attack, decreased Siege Flamer HP and increased Musketeer HP by 2.

V 0.09 Improved Terrain, added The Guild, Command Cruisers, Modified Towers HP and Damage, added Well HP, added 2 new units.

Keywords:
Air Ships, Wars, Empries, Fighting, Armies, Musketeers, Siege Flamer, Air Warden, Kings
Contents

Air Ship Wars (Map)

Reviews
15:53, 28th Jun 2009 Linaze: Bad terrain, several units trained from same building shares same hotkey, suffers a bit from imbalance, no custom abilities, Rejected

M

15:53, 28th Jun 2009
Linaze: Bad terrain, several units trained from same building shares same hotkey, suffers a bit from imbalance, no custom abilities, Rejected

Level 18
Karneron said:
Now im stuck, i want to make this an absolutly amazing map, but i just dont know wat else to change! Any help or development advice that you could provide would be a huge help to my map! Thankyou!
Here is forum section "map development" for things like this. Anyway tell in description about the map. I couldn`t find here anything like this. Changelog doesn`t count.

Level 15
1) fix tooltips
2) trrains isnt much better, but w/e. gameplay is more important atm
3) some icons dont match. but thats a minor concern
4) Upgrade Center is still considered a shop - aka has 'Choose Unit' button
5) suggestion: use WC2 ship unit sounds for ship models. will be nice imho
6) for flying fortress, better base unit creation on summoning spells (resource cost via triggers). it is a bit messed up atm. also, when flying frotress spawns, it starts playing its build animations. try to fix that. (i noticed, that issuing an order which requires different animation, the build anim is stopped.)
7) do something with air ships' death anims... a sinking air ship is... well, you know what i mean =)
8) rename the mines - platinum in gold mines? =)
9) when flying fortress dies, it's death anims play on the ground and leave a crater (As any dying building).