• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Ships Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys im karneron, im new to Hiveworkshop, well at least a new member, ive been downloading maps for a long time now. Ive finally decided to put one of my maps on here, well one im trying to make anyways, its called Air Ship Wars.

First let me tell you my inspiration for this map.

If any of you have ever seen the anime The Last Exile, i need say no more. Its about civilizations that use giant Air Ships filled with musketeers and long range cannons to do battle. They often fight with fleets of these ships in oganized battles overseen by the Guild.

In my map, i triend to replicate the organized battles with Air Ships Filled with Musketeers and With the long range cannons that can attack botha ir and land targets.

There are 2 types of infantry, 1 builder, 3 types of airship, 3 types of upgrade, and 3 type of building.

Income system is gathering gold and lumber.

The bases are fixed locations.

I recently uploaded the map into HiveWorkShop and would love it if you would download it and give me any feed back on what i can do to improve this map to make it truly incredable.

Level 15
okay, here we go:
green trees on snow - c'mon... but thats a minor concern

make more buildings or at least place the unit/upgrade buttons better. it looks like a chaos

peasants still have Call to Arms, but there is not a single town hall =))

Upgrade to Armour, Upgrade to Explosives - remove 'to'

the ships go through each other, increase their collision size

naval ship used as air unis move a bit strangley, especially on that speed. i suggest asking someone to edit the models so they are more 'airborne'

make more ship types. also give them different features, not just 'strong, stronger, strongest'

terrain sucks, seriously. its plain and boring, no height variations. cliffs dont look good either

many tooltips missing/are incorrect

since i have no townhall, i'm almost instantly revealed to opponent - is that intended?

ships' air attack has no missile

is it based 100% on the anime you mentioned, or ou taken only main concept from there? 'cos adding different races would be good. playing all the same race is boring

thats it for now

if you want, i may have some ideas left from the similiar project i began like an year ago, but never finished.

Level 2
That would be awsome! All the ideas and help that i can get at this point will be a serious help to this map. I feel like once this map is in its alpha stage people will actually start noticing it lawl!

Thanks for all your help i wil incorporate many of your ideas and thoughts into the map!

Edit:

Well ive expanded the amount uf units and buildings, and ive tried toa djust the collision size, but it just doesnt look like its working o_O. I am also working on changing the varienty of races in game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.