• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Out of the Shadows 2.67

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Out of The Shadows 2.67, with working AI Script for Hero-Bots!

Change-log [2.45-2.67]

Changes:
- Serpent ward have less life and a slightly lower damage & attack-speed
- All the furbolg's have an reduced attack-speed and an reduced armor-bonus
- All the furbolg's now have lower movement rather than higher than the Shaman form
- The Moutain King's "Throw Cliffs" abillity have bin changed out with "Seismic Slam"
- The new Item system have bin Intialized!
- Many new item's added
- Some Constants have bin changed
- Because of the new item-system, the gold-limit have bin removed
- Possesion improved a lot, lesser mana cost and one more soul per level + a lower cooldown
- The "old" shop now only sells tomes
- Tomes price have bin incressed from 120 to 175 and knowledge from 300 to 450
- Various fixes and design updates for the item system
- Buy script fixes for better look and perfomance
- Towers have slightly lesser regeneration-rate
- And a lot more

----------------------------
Short about the map:

There are two sides, the Forest and the Swamp. Both forces has creeps being send every 15-25 sec. Each force has 4 heroes to choose from, each with very original speels, which is created most with GUI! Your mission is to first take down the other team's towers and then their God. On the way to victory, you can either choose to buy items and stats to your hero (-agi -str -int or -all max) or you can choose to upgrade your creeps and towers.

You can play with or against bots, just set the player to computer easy, normal, or insane. This map is mostly focused on the AI script, so playing alone is funnyer than ever, or you can play this mith your mates agains a bot team!

This map is not protected in any way, but please do NOT upload any modified version of this map. If you got any new ideas or bugs, please report it here, and I will fix it as soon as posible!

----------------------------

This version might have some bugs since a lot of new fetures have bin added and are not tested by anyone but me.

Anywho, have fun :D

Keywords:
Arena, AI, Hero, Defence, Solo, Singleplayer, NPC, Bot, NPC
Contents

AI Out of the Shadows 2.67 (Map)

Reviews
16:23, 10th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: A decent map yet has a lot of problems: - Poorly made terrain - Poorly written tooltips with spelling errors - Unoriginal spells - Little heroes - Lack of quest log - Little items - Multiboard...

M

16:23, 10th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A decent map yet has a lot of problems:

- Poorly made terrain
- Poorly written tooltips with spelling errors
- Unoriginal spells
- Little heroes
- Lack of quest log
- Little items
- Multiboard isn't done properly

Overall a map with too many problems, Rejected.

Level 1
this game keeps giving me fatal errors. i'm playing solo 5v5 with ai and i get an error about 10 minutes into the game every time i play this

Level 9
It's... interesting. The ai only really upgraded my team the first time I played the map. The second time they racked up close to 20k in gold without spending a thing. It really is more of a multiplayer map.

They are set to randomly upgrade, but at -easy, -normal and -hard they might play a little different, and remember while you don't spend gold, you will gain an extra income!

Use (-agi max, -int max, -str max, or -all max) to gain stats, bots will do this too :wink: so all of a sudden they get like +200 to all stats if they don't use money on unit upgrades.

Level 9
A new version have bin uploaded (2.45), please report any bugs you found in this thread :)

Do not comment on the Death Knight's "Death Bolt" abillity, I'm already working on it.

Keep in mind this update is big and a lot of new features have bin added, which mean a few bugs too :S

Last edited:
Level 9
i really liked the map, now, with the updates, i bet its gonna be great :D

Thank you :grin:

For the next version I will try to improve the AI to act more diferent to eachothers, like people would do. I will also try to fix those bugs there might be with this version, and I'm informed that this map sometimes cause an error with Warcraft III, I will ofcause do my best to fix this, even if I have to go through every single trigger :hohum:

Also I have made about 2x more items to the map allready :cool:

See ya :smile:

Level 6
ok, sry to say this but this came out a bit less than i expected. I really liked when you were able to buy stuff wherever u were, not not have to go to the merchant :/ . Same could be applied to the other merchants.

The new hero shaman, is really overpowered. His wards deal 40 damage later! This is just too powerfull, it almost 1 hits creeps (seeing as most people do not upgrade hp/armor). Consume tree is way more usefull than other healing spells.

Anyways, the map is great, one of the few AOS maps that actualy give u heros with 10 dmg, very slow attack speed and other stats, and is failry balanced in that matter :) . The items are pretty good too, heroes are more or less balanced (except shaman) and... i have to say, that you had a good idea with the last boss :). Only 1 question... i see towers and the last boss, often get a very high regen. Is this an ability or something else?

anyway, i realy like the map, it gets 5/5 :) keep up the good job

Level 9
Thank you for your reply, it will all go straight to my todo-list, and the Shaman have already bin balanced a lot for the next version :wink:

For the regeneration question: It's as simple as the Dark-side(Swamp) get an bonus at Night and the Forest at day. I discovered this add some realy fun action to the game, also a few abbilities only work at day/night. It ensure that one team won't pwn the other team, like in for example dota sometimes, it really works well, but I might lower the reg amount a little, since it's almost imposible to kill a tower now x)

Thank you for your critism and for the rateing :thumbs_up:

Level 3
This map is very fun and neat.

I love how you start off with low stats, so everything gets ganked really fast. It feels epic but balanced at the same time.

Also, the shaman is mega rigged. I unlocked the furbolg champion form, and with my over 100 attack damage and mega attack speed, I pwned everything no problem.

I would give this map a 5, but I have only played one game so far where I have not gotten a fatal error :(

All in all, a very fun map that I look forward to playing the next version of.

4/5 :D

Level 9
This map is very fun and neat.

I love how you start off with low stats, so everything gets ganked really fast. It feels epic but balanced at the same time.

Also, the shaman is mega rigged. I unlocked the furbolg champion form, and with my over 100 attack damage and mega attack speed, I pwned everything no problem.

I would give this map a 5, but I have only played one game so far where I have not gotten a fatal error :(

All in all, a very fun map that I look forward to playing the next version of.

4/5 :D

Ye, that fatal error is annoying, and at the second I locate and fix it, I will release an new updated version :eekani:
I'm also thinkin' of higher the gold-cost for Tomes or even remove them, so the game will be more about items, I have already made an unique system for the merchants' which will be imported in the next version. Also about 3-6x more items will be added, and they will be as unique and funny as posible:thumbs_up:

How would YOU feel about the Tome's being removed?

Level 6
well, seing as i rarely buy tomes (id rather get 6 blades, or 5 blades+mask if u return it :) ) i wont feel bad for them. However, seeing as farming is really easy (lets not forget income) , u really need something to use up those extra gold u have (ofc, upgrades are here, but in my opinion, getting a good hero is prior to getting good creeps)

so, maybe u can make items stack, like a gaunlet that gives +3 agility, but can stack (u can put about 25 of them in one slot) or something like that. Then i'll agree with removing tomes.

Btw, barely waiting for a new version :p

Level 9
well, seing as i rarely buy tomes (id rather get 6 blades, or 5 blades+mask if u return it :) ) i wont feel bad for them. However, seeing as farming is really easy (lets not forget income) , u really need something to use up those extra gold u have (ofc, upgrades are here, but in my opinion, getting a good hero is prior to getting good creeps)

so, maybe u can make items stack, like a gaunlet that gives +3 agility, but can stack (u can put about 25 of them in one slot) or something like that. Then i'll agree with removing tomes.

Btw, barely waiting for a new version :p

At the moment, I'm creating items, items and items. I'm trying to keep them new and unique, but It's begining to get hard.
Anyway, I belive with enough items, no one would really care about the tomes anymore, since they are so.. Boring :eek: and since a game normaly last 20-30 minutes, no one would gather enough money to buy a full 6-slot with the most expencive items now.

The new item-system is devided into 4 sections: "Consumables, Items, Rare & Unique" you will understand when the next version is released.

btw: I have decided not to remove the tomes for the next version, since I would have to rewrite the full buy-script for bots, which is pretty long and would probaly take me a few days, and would bug a lot in the start..
So that will come in some other version soon after.

The next version will contain most of the new items, a few bug fixes, and more balancing for heroes. I will release it as soon as posible :wink:

Thank you for your help and critics

Level 3
I never notice the bots buying tomes lol.

Anyways, I don't mind if you don't have THAT many items at first. Player feedback should help you in designing new ones anyway. :xxd:

I think making tomes more expensive is a good idea, although I usually go for 6 items before I get the tomes. You could also have bigger tomes that offer savings so it would intice people to buy cheaper items at first and more expensive deal tomes later.

But anyways, I hope the new version will come soon :grin:

Last edited:
Level 9
The next update will be big, mostly because of the time I have already used on it (Damn items).
Unfortunaly my new shop-system bugs a little, it's fixable, It will just take me some time..
Anyway, I will release the next version soon, but with "only" about 40-60% of the final items..

For the version after this, I'm planing to add the remaining items, rewrite the buy-system for bots and re-write all text in-game (it have bin the same since first beta) :xxd:

Expect to see next version this week :wink:

-Thanks for feedback btw :thumbs_up:

Level 3
This week?!?!?!:grin:

That's probably the best I've heard from a map maker lol.:razz:

Although I'm ready to wait as long as a month, because Murphy's law is common in map making.

I happen to be playing the map right now lol, just came to the page to see the stat buying command (add to quests maybe).

Edit: I just finished the map and thought of a few ideas:

Give the computers a certain gold cap where if they reach it they will automatically upgrade. It is annoying when the enemy computers are all poolers and almost never spend all the gold they have. You don't have to do this for the next version, but some time in the future would be nice.

Give the overlords cleaving attack. They are supposed to be the ultimate end-game units, so they should have a 100% cleaving attack to help take out small units to supply enough gold for a second chance.

Give the overlords upgrade bonuses. It is kind of dumb that the overlords don't get more powerful as the units do, especially since a tomed hero can take them no problem.

Include an anti-camp, as this can make a losing situation even worse when I just camp the computers at the fountains.

Give the overlords a percentage based or (easier) feedback attack, so tomed heroes aren't able to destroy them in three seconds. Other spells affecting enemy/allied heroes only could also help.

I know it's a lot, but you don't have to do it all (or any until the next version lol, I want it out:xxd:). Just some ideas I had.:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 3
Edit:

Its alright, I understand.

Its not like I've never been screwed over by my computer.

Also, you might wanna look into a water cooling system. They work pretty well, although I don't know the price and installation.

Last edited:
Level 9
Relax, I'm facing some computer problems, my hard-drive is like 90 degress, it's lucky it have not crashed totaly so I lose all of my data.. But this make it extreamly hard to map when the computer freezes every 10-30 minuttes. To fix it, I have glued some old graphic coolers on my hard-disc to cool it a little, this is enough to let me map up to a few hours before it crash, so I can now do better progress :wink:

Anyway, I will see what I can do today :cool: Hopefully without any crashes, I might be able to upload the new version today :thumbs_up:

Later,_jakeCake

Level 3
Well, after my first play, things seem strange.

Even though you nerfed the wards, two enemy shamans still have like 15 of them up at once, which just kills everything. They also aren't targeted until all other nearby enemies are dead (including by possession), so that doesn't help.

Also, it seems like the forest side has a huge advantage now, as I always used to win, but almost lost this time (fatal error).

It also seems like whenever I murder tons of units, my allies aren't getting gold like they should - so our units are at 15, 15 upgrades instead of the enemy's 25, 25.

The item system is extremely neat, but it seems like the only items to get are either too weak or too expensive. The computer only tomes and they were about as strong as me with 10 upgrade levels higher. (I haven't tried potions yet, so I can't say too much)

Also, the towers seem way to weak now, as it feels like its always daytime which is when the dark towers don't regen. It also doesn't help that they always target the heroes instead of one shotting the units killing them.

Some of these problems were still in the last version, but when I am losing as badly as I was, I notice them a lot more.

Level 9
Well, after my first play, things seem strange.

Even though you nerfed the wards, two enemy shamans still have like 15 of them up at once, which just kills everything. They also aren't targeted until all other nearby enemies are dead (including by possession), so that doesn't help.

Also, it seems like the forest side has a huge advantage now, as I always used to win, but almost lost this time (fatal error).

It also seems like whenever I murder tons of units, my allies aren't getting gold like they should - so our units are at 15, 15 upgrades instead of the enemy's 25, 25.

The item system is extremely neat, but it seems like the only items to get are either too weak or too expensive. The computer only tomes and they were about as strong as me with 10 upgrade levels higher. (I haven't tried potions yet, so I can't say too much)

Also, the towers seem way to weak now, as it feels like its always daytime which is when the dark towers don't regen. It also doesn't help that they always target the heroes instead of one shotting the units killing them.

Some of these problems were still in the last version, but when I am losing as badly as I was, I notice them a lot more.

I will put all of it to the think-box, but most of it does not make sence, since I have not touched the old triggers, only added a few new once.

Anyway, here's my answers:

1. For the shaman, yes I have reduced the cooldown a little, so the AI might use it a bit more, but if you play as shaman you can do the same, nothing to do with the bot.
Anywho, it cost a lot of mana-points so you would have to buy intilligence to use the abillity without running out of mana all the time, and since the shaman is an Agillity hero it might be stupid to buy intiligence only for the wards :bored: I know it might be an overpowered spell in the start, but when they run out of mana, they have no chance against other heroes..

2. I don't know what happend, but sometimes bots just play really good, if they are not killed for a long periode, they might gain a lot of gold from creeps/income, and at some point spend them on upgrades/stats. But was it the heroes or the creeps which pawned you? Since upgradeing creeps is more important than earlier versions :wink:

3. hmm, This does not make sence.. I guess your team-mates died to much, remember you lose ½ of your gold when killed :wink: Otherwise you where too many on your team, the gold is splited between the team, so if you play singe, you will gain like 60 gold per creep, if you play two it will be 30, and so on. But I'm not sure why this happened, I will check it out later :confused:

4. Yeah, I made a major mistake, I forgot too change the tome-price for bots, so they get them for the old price(120) while you have to buy them for the new one(175), I have already fixed it, and will upload it very soon :hohum: Sorry.. This might answer a few of your other questions as well. And I will add more items soon btw :cool:

5. The towers are not made weaker, or only the regen rate which is changed from 15 to 12, so that is not very much difference. I guess you were just far into the game, so the heroes + creeps deal a hell lot of damage, and make the towers look weak. It's supposed to be that way, if the towers strenght followed the game, the game would never end :hohum:

Hope this answered some of your questions, and again! I Will Look All of it through and fix as much as posible :thumbs_up:

Try play again and see if the bots play different btw, and set them to easy or normal, insanes might be a bit too good :xxd:

-JakeCake

Level 3
2. Both of them (although they did not kill me, but my team)

3. Oh yea, I forgot about the dying penalty.

5. It was pretty early into the game, when the towers still one-shotted the units (but didn't target them...).

Also, I guess if I strengthen my creeps, they will kill more creeps and therefore get more gold.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Make the time pass faster - when it stays daytime for practically 3 hours it is much easier for the forest to kick ass.

2. I still think you should make overlords take upgrades, as they die way to fast to be an endgame boss.

Oh well, that is all. I think I will have another game now.:grin: